Does anyone know how well this works at 30 mg

Replies

• bluefroggie
    Options
    Does anyone know how well this works at 30 mg
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    they work better than anything you can buy over the counter they give you energy- they are an appetite suppressant (spell check lol) But once your body gets used to them they dont work anymore- there are side effects though so you should speak to your doctor if you have any kinds of conditions because it can cause damage- but also remember that once you stop taking them or your body gets used to them you will probably gain your weight back and some because you didnt train yourself to eat the right way-
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    It didn't take pills for you to end up here like the rest of us.
    You don't need pills to get back to a normal healthy weight.

If you take shortcuts, you will get burnt.
  • janellybelly
    janellybelly Posts: 112
    Options
    I AGREE...THESE CAN HAVE BAD SIDE EFFECTS! A VERY CLOSE FRIEND WAS TAKING THESE AND HER HEART RATE WOULD RACE ALL THE TIME! THERE ARE OTHER WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT! BTW...SHE LOST A TON OF WEIGHT BUT GAINED IT ALL + MORE...I WOULDN'T GO DOWN THAT ROAD. TALK TO YOUR DR. FOR SURE!

indifferent0025.gif
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Phentermine is usually used to 'kickstart' weight loss. I took it once upon a time, and it worked great for about a month. No hunger *at all*. In fact, it makes you feel full, so you don't want to eat. From what I gathered, it works much like amphetimines, in that it triggers a fight or flight response in your brain that causes your hunger impulses to cease. The thing is one day, it just stops working. Your body overcomes it, and then kinda goes into shock from not eating for a month. I lost about 15 pounds in that month, and almost immediately gained back 5 of it.

Would I do it again....I dunno. I didn't know about MFP then, and had that been different I may have been more relunctant. They *do* work, but just keep in mind that it's extremely time sensative, and you'll stop losing after it ceases to work as your body recalibrates itself out of starvation mode (which you will definately be in).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phentermine

This might shine a little more light on it.

Hope this helps.

-J
  • evjazz
    evjazz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with Sgt. I have taken Phentemine with my Doctors' approval. You need to make sure you are checked out, my Dr. took an EKG, full blood work, blood pressure, etc. It does take your appetite away and gives you an energy boost. But that alone won't work. The Phen treatment is designed to give you a jump start on weight loss, so if your not changing your eating habits to healthy ones and doing daily excercise the weight will come back. Use the time to make healthy choices and when the Phen stops working, and it will after some time, you already have the diet and excercise conditioning you need to be successful without the Phen. Good luck!!