Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) - anyone have experience with

Options
I was recently doing some research on supplements and came across a great article that really debunked a number of the OTC products out there, but the article mentioned Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) as "safe" and "possibly effective" for fat loss...anyone out there have any experience with this supplement? Good, bad, or ugly....thanks!

Replies

• galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I take CLA and have for about a month now in conjunction with L-Carnitine. I have had some positive results. Just keep in mind it is not a wonder pill. Just keep in mind it does tend to make some people have acne breakouts, I haven't had one myself but have heard of many who have.
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    I took CLA several years ago and did not have negative results. I believe the CLA helped me stay toned as I lost weight but I'm not sure. I ate healthy and ran 5 miles a day with 3 days a week in strength training and was already losing 2 lbs a week. When I would run out of CLA for a few weeks, I didn't see any difference.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    CLA – conjugated linoleic acid. A trail lasting 1 year, 180 overweight males and females were randomly given either CLA-free fatty acid, CLA-triacylglycerol or a placebo. Researchers found that the average body mass in the CLA-triacylglycerol and CLA-FFA was 9% and 7% lower than the placebo group. Subjects receiving the CLA-FFA had 2% greater LBM than people receiving the placebo.
    These changes were not associated with diet or exercise

CLA takes time and commitment. Higher amounts of CLA are found in free range products.