What ACHES and PAINS do you have today? (ouch!)

Options
2»

Replies

• legend1973
    Options
    Patellofemoral Pain or Anterior Knee Pain

Sharp pain inside the knee when accending or decending stairs, pushing hard with the legs. It started on night after hockey this fall and I have been battling it ever since. I live in a very small town where you get put on a month long waiting list to see a doctor so as of late I have been treating the knee myself.

I am using the R.I.C.E. method:

Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevate

Along with a week long regime of Ibuprophen 400's 3 times a day for pain relief and to reduce swelling.

Can't wait to go do something with out feeling like I am going to pay for it after!!!

Cheers!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Left bicep. I've only been doing the elliptical recently and my calves were fine after 3 consistent days since for years I've been upper body focused so I think the one-arm pain is b/c I sleep with my arms under my pillow, lol!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My legs hardly ever hurt. No matter how much I run or do the stair climber. I made the mistake of telling my yoga instructor that and today my legs are totally sore. lol Love my yoga instructor.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    My right wrist and it swollen and I have no idea why.

Also, my triceps. I've been working those pretty hard. I realized those are the only part of my arm I still can't see very well, but I sure can feel it. LOL!
  • Reese2008
    Options
    Abs!! and I have pole burn on my wrist from my pole fitness class! ugh.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Patellofemoral Pain or Anterior Knee Pain

Sharp pain inside the knee when accending or decending stairs, pushing hard with the legs. It started on night after hockey this fall and I have been battling it ever since. I live in a very small town where you get put on a month long waiting list to see a doctor so as of late I have been treating the knee myself.

I am using the R.I.C.E. method:

Rest
    Ice
    Compression
    Elevate

Along with a week long regime of Ibuprophen 400's 3 times a day for pain relief and to reduce swelling.

Can't wait to go do something with out feeling like I am going to pay for it after!!!

Cheers!!!

if you want ibuprofen to act as an anti-inflammatory, take 2 three times a day...it's easy on your stomach so you don't have to worry...I have chronomalasia in my knees, and that's what the doctor told me because i hate T3's...good on ya for the RICE method though, the ice keeps the swelling down...i like the A535 ICE when I need it, helped with my pulled muscles along my ribs too...i also have a Fox Bike racing knee brace...full of metal and velcro lol the only problem is when i take it off my knee aches...look into something that will give you a little support like the tensor bandages or something...you can find them at your pharmacy. a little support goes a long way in the pain department. One more thing lol make sure your runners don't have access tread or those fancy designs on the bottom, the more pattern on the bottom of your shoe, the more your legs have to compensate for balance ( i didn't believe it either, but when i bought my new runners i listened to my Dr. and sure enough, my knees don't hurt so bad, not like the super tread I had on my last pair that looked like ice tires). Good luck, I know it sucks
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    sorry I spelled that wrong...i have Chondromalacia
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    TO SILLYGOOSE 1997: It sounds like you could have fibromyalgia. It isn't in your "head"...it is real and it causes you to hurt all over.

I would hate to think that is the case. I've been working out pretty hard and my knee always hurts after the elliptical (I know I should stop but I love it!). My back has hurt since I gave birth 8 1/2 years ago. I think mostly I'm just starting the feel the effects of getting older :sad:

Yea, I hope not, I was diagnosed with Fibro when I hit puberty, it runs in the family through my fathers side and I'm sore all the freakin time for over 10 years now, my muscle groups go through searing pain as if I pulled/sprained them, even the muscles in my hands and forearms. And that's without working out. BUT, working out does help the muscles, so I do it anyway.
  • MaryAnne1
    MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It feels like someone has punched me in the stomach! Too much ab work the last 2 days, but it's all good for me i suppose!!
  • legend1973
    Options
    Thanks, Much appreciated!!!