Shrimp

Options
Any good recipes for shrimp? I don't really care for it cold.

Replies

• Teran0612
    Teran0612 Posts: 263
    Options
    I make a curry shrimp... Top with mango puree, tiny bit of toasted coconut and fresh chives.. Absolutely divine!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I just like my shrimp cooked simply... salt and pepper then put on a hot grill. If I am not grilling it I will salt, pepper, add a little Olive Oil to a pan and cook it in there. Mix it up with some brown rice and peas..
  • lisamt83
    lisamt83 Posts: 119
    Options
    Sautee bell pepper and mushrooms...then add some shrimp...add some taco seasoning (sounds weird with shrimp but trust me!). After the shrimp is cooked...put it on a whole wheat tortilla with reduced fat pepper jack cheese. Add cilantro or avacodo or both and enjoy! VERY easy and good!!!
  • lisamt83
    Options
    Sautee bell pepper and mushrooms...then add some shrimp...add some taco seasoning (sounds weird with shrimp but trust me!). After the shrimp is cooked...put it on a whole wheat tortilla with reduced fat pepper jack cheese. Add cilantro or avacodo or both and enjoy! VERY easy and good!!!

I forgot the onion!! Saute onion with the bell pepper! :smile:
  • Oaneer
    Oaneer Posts: 11
    Options
    Ceviche tostadas are always good, just add a slice of avocado on top of it and you will be in heaven. Enjoy...:)
  • Sautee bell pepper and mushrooms...then add some shrimp...add some taco seasoning (sounds weird with shrimp but trust me!). After the shrimp is cooked...put it on a whole wheat tortilla with reduced fat pepper jack cheese. Add cilantro or avacodo or both and enjoy! VERY easy and good!!!

sounds good I think I might try this out today!!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Tiny bit of olive oil garlic and a couple of chopped roma tomatoes in a saute pan. Let the tomatoes release their juices and cook down a bit. Toss in the shrimp, (salt and pepper) and when they are almost completely pink finish with fresh basil. I like toss in some cooked whole wheat angel hair at this moment to pick up the juices. Done! Serve with Parmesan if you wish, (I always do).

If it seems dry when the tomatoes are cooking you can add chicken stock instead of more olive oil. Water would work too.
  • lisamt83
    Options

sounds good I think I might try this out today!!!

Let me know what you think!! I hope you enjoy!!