Fallen off the Wagon!

Options
I have been really struggling the last week to get back in the weight losing mindset! I've had at least 3 days that I've eaten junk or gone WAY over my calorie limit. I am not sure if it's stress, that time of the month, or a combination!

It's really driving me nuts cause even though I start out with good intentions I end up blowing it!

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have been really struggling the last week to get back in the weight losing mindset! I've had at least 3 days that I've eaten junk or gone WAY over my calorie limit. I am not sure if it's stress, that time of the month, or a combination!

It's really driving me nuts cause even though I start out with good intentions I end up blowing it!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I know what you mean. I had a couple of weeks like that! It will pass, just keep up the fight in you and you will conquer it!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I start out well on the weekend but then.....I go over like 200 or so calories lol
  • freedevil
    freedevil Posts: 3
    Options
    200 Calories or so is not that much. You haven't fallen off the wagon you'll still be losing weight.
  • ekirton
    ekirton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have had times like that too and unfortunately it often snowballs. You have one bad day, get down on yourself a bit and then another bad day follows. As hard as it often I find the best thing to to try to start a new day with some good healthy food and some exercise. Helps me feel better about myself and even though I might have a few false starts eventually I get back on track.

Keep going and you'll succeed.
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options
    I have struggled this past week too. My day starts out good but I eat one thing with out thinking/planning for it and it throws me off. Once I look up the calories I feel I have blown my day already I will keep going with the junk again. I have to get back on track and stay there! I feel so much better when I don't eat suger or stuff my self in the evening.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I start out with good intentions but once I slip it's all down hill from there! I do snowball too, it started Wed, hit again Friday and hasn't stopped yet!!!! It doesn't help that it's memorial day weekend either. My family are food celebrators. Some days I feel that they are sabotaging my efforts, even though they all "say" they are wanting to eat better to. When it comes down to it they still want the junk. :grumble:

I am hoping to survive this weekend and reign it in so hopefully by Tuesday I will be back on track.
  • sio155
    sio155 Posts: 1
    Options
    Beating yourself up about it or thinking "well, I have already blown it so why not have that cupcake too" is how I got myself overweight in the first place. I have lost 19 lbs and do allow myself "indulgences" on occasion. But I plan what those will be or if I have something then I think "that was my indulgence for today" the rest of the day I need to be careful. We are all human - we all make mistakes - oh well and then move on!
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have struggled this past week too. My day starts out good but I eat one thing with out thinking/planning for it and it throws me off. Once I look up the calories I feel I have blown my day already I will keep going with the junk again. I have to get back on track and stay there! I feel so much better when I don't eat suger or stuff my self in the evening.

I know exactly what you mean about feeling better when you don't eat junk. I think part of the problem is that you eat junk, then feel gross, which makes you feel bad about yourself, which makes you say "oh, forget it", which makes you eat more junk, which makes you feel bad. . . . . .anyway that's what happens to me. You just have to STOP yourself, and tell yourself to get back on track. Sometimes it takes me a week or more to really get there. It is miserable, and other people who eat like crazy are the ENEMY when you are going through this!:explode:

Good luck, we've all been there and will be again.
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options
    Thank you for that. I had just started to graze in the kitchen, this post has saved my day!
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I start out with good intentions but once I slip it's all down hill from there! I do snowball too, it started Wed, hit again Friday and hasn't stopped yet!!!! It doesn't help that it's memorial day weekend either. My family are food celebrators. Some days I feel that they are sabotaging my efforts, even though they all "say" they are wanting to eat better to. When it comes down to it they still want the junk. :grumble:

I am hoping to survive this weekend and reign it in so hopefully by Tuesday I will be back on track.

Instead of saying you'll be back on track by Tuesday say you'll be back on track by the time you stop reading this post!!

=)
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed this post. Its a common pitfall and the common sense reassurance works for me.

Watch your blood sugar levels as it may be related especially if your having snack foods.

Choose foods that are low GI. Educate yourself about it on the net or with a good book - it helped me as It helps to eliminate cravings and binging especially around the time of the month.

Mags

60770.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    I've been going through the exact same thing for the past week. I start off my day with a great, healthy breakfast. Then something or another happens and I end up in the ice cream. I actually went over my calories by 1000+ yesterday. That's right! One thousand plus! (Most of that was beer.) It is SO HARD to get back on track. How about this? Let's get back on track together, RIGHT NOW!!! No more "Well, I blew it today, so I'll keep eating crap and enjoy it while I can, then start again tomorrow." You and I and everyone else know that it doesn't work like that. Everyone who is off the wagon right now, jump back on! I already ate some crap food today... but I'm not over calories or carbs yet. There is still time!