I'm new and I'm so stinkin' hungry!

Options
Just had to write that. At least I've started losing some of this holiday bloat!

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Lol! I'm sure we all feel the same way. You're doing a great job, keep it up!!
  • kelly88g
    Options
    i'm new too...i feel your pain. but just by logging in shows you are heading in the right direction...hang in there:happy:
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. Did you choose the 1200 calories, or did MFP choose them for you? Actually 1200 is as low as MFP will allow you to go. Perhaps you are trying to do too much too fast? Or, alternatively, perhaps you need to exercise more and actually eat your exercise calories. I'm not going to say I'm never hungry, but by focusing on plant-based foods (fruits & veggies), I actually manage to be pretty satisfied most of the time. I still have a lot more to lose than you do, so it does allow me to eat a bit more, but sometimes it's WHAT we choose to eat as much as how much!

Anyway, keep up the good work! You'll adjust.
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I was that way to.....drink LOTS of water, eats LOTS more protein and fiber and it should even out in a few weeks. Good luck!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lynep
    lynep Posts: 3
    Options
    same here ! hang int here !
  • armywifeliz
    Options
    I am too, but I found a way to feel better - oranges! Eat an orange and drink a glass of water. It will give you an enegy boost along with vitamins. Bananas are good too, especailly with a smudge of peanut butter - it gives you the potassium and the good protien! The banana hits the sweet tooth, too - I usually have one after dinner. :)
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    Exercise if you want to eat a little more. Also, bulk up on fiber rich foods and good protein. I am having cabbage/turkey soup and millet/flax crackers from the healthfood store. under 300 calories 20grams of fiber 14grams of protein. I am full and satisfied for hours. Plan, plan, plan. Lean and green with the same crackers very filling and under 300 cals. No need to be hungry if you make good choices. You can do it!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Enjoy a nice cup of hot green tea!

Karen
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    I was thinking how doctors give people a 1200 calorie diet and tell them to excercise. Well, one thing they fail to tell them is those exercise calories should be made up so that you are getting 1200 calories..
    In Oct I was so desparate to loose weight that I cut my calories back to 500-800 a day for a month.. I was burning about 600-1000 calories a day. After 1 month I lost....4lbs. Imagine the disappointment. It wasn't until I logged on here that I began to really understand how it works. The weight is coming off and really I am getting plenty of good food and it is much better than a starvation diet. It works if you follow all the guidlines..keep at it.
  • jboothfsc
    Options
    As others have stated, try eating more lean protein (chicken, tuna, other fish) and fibrous veggies. Stay away from bananas though, in the beginning...too much sugar. Eat oranges, berries, grapefruit, apples...only two servings per day. Remember to eat some probiotic stuff (two servings) fat free yogurt (plain is best), low fat or ff cottage cheese...
    Good luck.