Do you think it's better to over estimate?

cheshirequeen
cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been trying to get my recipes down to being accurate, and since I make most of them its hard to see how much of everything, like it calls for a cup of soy milk for the whole recipe, but the recipe is 5 servings, it would be .2 of a serving. Although I'm pretty accurate on the calories and how much is per serving, is it best to overestimate the servings on your food?

Replies

• I'm going to say yes especially when it comes to calories. I do a lot of this at home in my own kitchen I'll make the entire meal weighing everything that I put into it. Then when everything is added up I divide it by the number of servings I want it to make. This way I know how many clories/fat/carbs/protien I'm going to eat before I stuff it in my face. If my numbers come out to high then cut down the portion size. :happy:
  • Much better to over-estimate than under-estimate. I do it all the time haha.
  • I agree with the previous posters. I would much rather over estimate than under estimate... to under estimate, you'll pay later!! Good luck!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    When it comes to recipes there is a section called my recipe.. When you enter your recipe in it will ask for how many servings it's calling for.. Then my understanding (according to my BF who use's it, I just copy from his computer onto mine) it will calculate how many calories it is and break it done to the serving. So if it calls for 5 servings and you only had 1 I believe it will automatically just do it for you.

Hope this makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.