Mo Money, Mo Problems

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
...Or Mo problems with no money lol. This has absolutley nothing to do with weight or anything but I am sooo bad with money. Like I dont know what my problem is. I'm like a 5 year old when they get a few bucks. They wanna spend it right away! I've always been like this always. I think I need to go to like AA for shopping or something. I hate being broke all the time. I need to save.

Replies

• Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    One problem at a time.

I have heard it said that when you work on one problem it exhasurbates another. I can tell that is the case with.

Just don't be too hard on yourself.

Eating less will lead to spending less on food, so you will save money that way. lol.

Just hang in there. Work on yourself (weight) and get that under control before tackling your next challenge.

But if you want a tip - my suggestion is to get Microsoft Money and track your spending just like you track your food and exercise on this site. You can run reports and see where you are spending the most money and cut back from there.

My mom's advice would be to save 10%. She says if that's good enough for God (tithing) then we should do the same for ourselves.

I wish you the best.

Continuous improvement is the goal. Good luck with it.

Eva
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    You and me both, sister!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I feel you! It took me going overseas to learn better habits. First, I stopped carrying cash, I've always been good at managing my checking account so that stopped me some. And I had this rule, I refused to use my card for less than $10, so that stopped me some and made me think twice with some of my purchases. Also, I started the habit of save the change (modified verision) in my checking account and really began to utlize the e-banks since you can not so easily get your money.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    I feel like I'm pretty good with my money (I have debt but making an effort to pay it off, etc.) but there is never enough to go around! I'm just poor though!
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Join a site like mint.com

It's helped me a lot with my money. You can link it with different accounts and really see where all your spending goes. It shows you pie charts and graphs etc.

Seeing it visually really changed how I looked at spending.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    My wife and I make about the same amount of money. With every raise she gets, the additional money goes straight to our retirement investments. With every reaise I get, a portion goes to retirement and the balance goes to our vacations and to luxury items.

My wife is a great saver and I am bright enough not to interfere.
This discussion has been closed.