Goals: Rewards and Punishments

Options
I decided to set not only some general 2011 goals, but also some weight-specific fitness goals. And when I reach a goal (set about every 2 weeks or so through the summer), I have a reward laid out. And if I don't hit the goal, then there is a punishment--a punishment that will help me continue on my way and ensure I make my next goal!

Here are some examples! For all of mine laid out so far, check out http://warriorunderdog.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/rewards-and-punishments/

Goal: get to X weight. Reward for meeting goal: buy some new rain boots. Punishment for not meeting: 30 day bootcamp

Goal: get to X weight. Reward: Take a day off of work to see museums. Punishment: No bread for a week.

Goal: get to X weight. Reward: Buy baseball tickets for game I want to attend. Punishment: 30 days without alcohol

What do you think? What are some of your goals? I recommend creating some rewards/punishments and sticking to it!

Replies

• jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the reward/punishment for your goals. I hadn't heard of the punishment part yet so I find that original. Hope you reach your goals.
  • warrior_underdog
    Options
    Thanks jaded_rose! I think that some of the goals are setting myself up for failure---so the punishments are things I want to do--like the 30 day bootcamp, but if I happen to meet the goal, then I get a reward instead! Although, I might end up doing some of the punishments later...but it won't be as much of a punishment ;)
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I never thought of creating punishments. For me that would already make a hard journey miserable. But if it works for you then go for it.

My rewards are set at every 50 pounds and are something that will help me get to my next goal. At 350 I got new shoes, 300 a HRM, a 250 a gym membership, at 200 a personal trainer.

Thanks for the reminder to stick with it.

Eva