over on proteins

Options
Is it terrible to be over on proteins? I'm under on most everything else, still coming close to my calorie goal.

Replies

• kmnagel
    Options
    From reading a lot of articles the past couple of months protein is a dieter's tool. Make sure to get it from lean sources like chicken, fish, etc. and not a lot of red meat because then you are getting a bit more fat from that type of protein.
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Nope proteins are good for you.....try to eat plenty of fiber too!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My husband's nutritionist recommends between 60 and 100 g of protein per day. I think they set it too low on here. You're fine. :bigsmile:
  • droverb
    Options
    No it's not a big deal to be over on proteins as long as it eating lean cuts of meat,chicken, and fish you should be ok. Sometimes I eat as high as 350g of protein and I'm still in top conditioning.

Your body has to work hard to digest protein rather then fats and carbs. Protein in every meal makes ur metabolic rate stay higher In the day because Ur body is digesting the proteins.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked that.I to was over and since I don't eat any red meat or sea food chicken and turkey are it so I go over a lot.good to know its ok
  • AmericanNewfie
    Options
    If you are heavily working out, you need at least 100g a day. MFP is the best calorie tracker on the net but their %'s are wrong when it comes to nutrition! Whatever it tells you to have here, I would almost double it! However, as stated before, make sure it is from lean meats and fish.
    Good luck!