"Free Day"?

Options
2»

Replies

• Yearoftherabbit
    Options
    I let myself fill a craving now and then. It's tough sometimes but I've learned, for me, letting a whole day go is just not worth it.
    When I have hormonal cravings or parties/gatherings, I allow myself to be human. But it's all sensible, portion controlled items and I balance it out by eating healthy foods and drinking lots of water.
    I agree with the 'No free day' responses... why ruin all of the hard work and determination you've accomplished during the week? Celebrate your healthy decision making by continuing to be healthy.
    I think a full feast of BBQ, cupcakes and cookies will not only put you back to the drawing board, but you might not feel so good after. The sugar and other not so healthy ingredients will have an affect on your energy levels later and more than likely the next day.
    I would decide "one cupcake, one cookie or a healthy portion of BBQ" not all of the above. And with that have fresh whole veggies, salad, fruit, etc... I know it's hard, especially at family gatherings. And if your family is like my family, it's hard to change eating patterns with people who you are comfortable overeating with. But maybe showing restraint will encourage them to be healthier and to promote your healthier lifestyle too.
    The confidence you'll feel after saying no and logging your calories in at the end of the day on a balanced note will be a bigger reward than the few minutes of bliss you'll experience from overindulgence.
    Just like any habit that you are trying to quit...smoking, drugs, alcohol... it's not healthy emotionally to bounce back and forth. At least, not for me.
    I hope that helps and good luck!

*edit. Sorry for being too wordy! :) I think sometimes I'm actually giving myself advice while responding to others... I was craving a free day this weekend. But through this post... I've made my decision.