GASSY as heck, just call me Toots

Options
Ok. So it's not socially acceptable to discuss. But, hell - I'm gassy. Farty McParty. Breaking Wind Gassalicious. It's awful.

I'm assuming it's because I've been upping my fiber and eating lots of veggies. My stomach ache and increased poop frequency supports that theory.

It's getting harder to blame on the dog. Especially when she's not in the room. It's embarrassing at home, and my poor boyfriend pretends like he doesn't notice. I pretend not to notice the gas mask he's now sporting.

Anyone else have this issue? I think it'll go away after a couple weeks, and I'm considering Beano or something. But I think I need to take that BEFORE the gas hits... and believe me, we are well beyond the 'start' of gas.

Replies

• sherrywoody1
    Options
    LOL! Thank you sooooo much for this post! This is the first real laugh I have had all day! (Trying to get off of sugar). I don't know what to tell you but honestly I can't get the grin off of my face. :D
  • alicedavison
    Options
    I have the worst tummy ache and gassy bloated feeling at he moment too. been eating loadsa broccolli and fibre and feel like i could pop at any moment!
  • Mom2TALK
    Options
    I just have to say that I got an adolescent bout of the giggles when I read this topic... Yeah, my immaturity's showing!

But I wanted to assure you that it would indeed "pass" with time... and it may even be sooner than a couple of weeks! I had the same thing happen to me when I increased my fiber intake, much to my family's chagrin... One thing I noticed was that when I started taking magnesium supplements in the evening (for an unrelated issue), it seemed to ease the gas symphony. Something to consider, but, of course, don't take my advice blindly... :) Worst case scenario, stock in Bean-o will go up for a while. Invest now! :D
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    definintely have this problem. Mostly they don't smell, but some of them wow. Hubby says stuff, weve been together 13 years so i could care less. at work though, i work close to the bathroom so i just go there and do it. I work at a grocery store so it can be blamed on anybody, haha. it is the fiber and the veggies, but gasx should help. im home monday through friday taking of our 2 year old, i only have 2 days to worry about, haha. every morning though thats the ones that dont stink, but they are loud and make me laugh and irritate my hubby, which is a plus. thanks for this post, it has also made my day.
  • sashaverlene
    sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey, when you need help or advice, being completely honest is the way to get the best of it. I only had the issue for about a week and a half. During that week, I was constantly asked "What's wrong?" because when it was starting, I'd get that 'Oh gosh!' look on my face until it (Thank God) unnoticably passed! Ha! But it was also because I wasn't eating enough. I was leveled on everything else, but my calorie intake was quite low. I found more foods that filled me up as well as gave me the calories I needed, then it went away. Hope that helped and good luck!
  • jturner409
    Options
    Start the day off with sweet acidolphilous milk (skim or 1%). I always have it with my high protein cereal and it does the trick for me to keep me toot free!
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hehehehe - awesome post!!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It can take a couple weeks for your system to re-adjust to your new eatting habits. In the mean time, go to the auto parts store and get a small can of Ozium (I think that's how it's spelled), it comes in different scents. That covers the toots odor better than anything. Just be sure not to be standing near an open flame when you toot! :noway: