soups

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
I would like to find some great soup recipes so I can eat on them for a few days and not have to worry about what to eat for lunch. I am a bit picky and I don't want anything to crazy. I love potato soup, veggie soups, and cheesy broccoli soups.

Thanks

Replies

• smithy74
    Options
    potato and leek soup,then blend it up

real chicken stock then add carrots,potatoes,leek and some brown rice
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    dumb question but what exactly is a leek?
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    A leek is a veggie that looks like a giant green onion. They're awesome in soups!
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    go to www.skinnytaste.com and look up her potato and leek soup recipe, also her black bean soup is good too.
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Go on line and look up the cabbage soup diet..My whole family eats it and it's very low fat:)
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    split pea soup, sautee onion with garlic in grapeseed oil ( or whatever oil you) you just enough to sautee the onions and garlic.

Now add split pea one can of chicken broth plus water also a bag of frozen peas and carrots. salt and pepper plus a bay leave.

sometimes to make it hardier I add turkey sausage saves me on calories.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    go to www.skinnytaste.com and look up her potato and leek soup recipe, also her black bean soup is good too.

bumping to look up later. thanks.
  • ThoughtsOfBelle
    ThoughtsOfBelle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I really love carrot and celery soup too... yum.
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Saving this space for a lower-calorie Cheeseburger Soup recipe that I will post later.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni Soup!
    overnight cook on slow in a large crock pot, a can of spegetti sauce, about 4 cans of chicken broth half a yellow onion and about 5 cloves of garlic (both minced) a package of pepperoni chopped, about 2tbs of adobo, black pepper and italian seasoning to taste.with a splash of half and half if you like your soup thicker, I usually leave it out though... when you get up for work in the morning break 2-3 servings of dry whole wheat pasta into small pieces into the crock pot, when you come home for lunch you have an awesome warm soup waiting for you, I generally add a little pepperjack cheese or cheddar. about 350 calories per bowl including cheese, but still a lower calorie lunch than most.

Chili is also good.

brown a pound of ground meat, I generally use turkey but pork or beef also works, cook in a packet of taco seasoning... sounds weird I know but tastes great! Put that, along with about half a yellow onion and 5 cloves of garlic (both minced) a whole seeded and chopped bell pepper, a large can of tomatoe juice, a can or two of chicken broth, depending on how thin or thick you like your chili, two small cans of chili beans (drained) a can of light kidney beans (drained) and a can of dark kidney beans (drained) three beef boulion cubes, adobo, black pepper, chili powder, tobasco sauce, and taco seasoning to taste.

Enjoy! hope you like it
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    I see a lot of broccoli soups or cauliflower soups that you have to puree....do you have to do this? I like a little something when I eat soup, not just drinking it.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love the soup below. It comes together in a hurry and is so delicious!

RUSTIC ITALIAN TORTELLINI SOUP
    3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed (I used the "hot" sausage version)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    6 garlic cloves, minced
    4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
    1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
    2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil (or, you can substitute thyme and oregano)
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    Dash crushed red pepper flakes (optional if not using hot turkey sausage)
    Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional

DIRECTIONS

Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven; add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.

Add garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.

Add the broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.

Stir in tortellini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.

Add the spinach, basil, pepper and pepper flakes; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with cheese if desired.

Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts

Number of Servings: 6
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Roasted red pepper and tomato soup!
    Corn and potato chowder! (use low-fat coconut milk or creamer or whatever)
    Curried spinach soup!
    Butternut squash soup!
    Carrot and ginger soup!
    Kale and lentil soup!
    Black bean minestrone!

I love soups because they always taste better the second day :love:
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Okay ... couldn't edit my previous post, so here we go. Adapted from a recipe that uses full fat ingredients.

* 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
    * 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
    * 1 large onion, yellow or sweet, chopped
    * 1 cup diced celery
    * 1/2 cup diced sweet red bell pepper
    * 1/2 cup julienne sliced carrots
    * 3 medium yellow or red potatoes, peeled, cubed, about 3 to 4 cups
    * 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
    * 1/2 teaspoon dried herb seasoning blend or dried leaf basil
    * 1 quart chicken broth
    * 4 tablespoons margarine
    * 1/3 cup flour
    * 2 cups skim milk
    * 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded or cut in cubes (made from skim milk)
    * salt and pepper, to taste

Brown ground turkey, onion, and celery in a large saucepan or stockpot; add a little olive oil if necessary. Add the diced red bell pepper and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, parsley, and basil or herb seasoning blend. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.

In a saucepan, melt margarine over medium low heat; stir in flour until smooth, about 30 seconds. Slowly stir in the skim milk. Stir in cheese. Continue cooking, stirring, until cheese is melted and the mixture is thick and begins to bubble. Stir the milk mixture into the soup mixture until well blended. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Heat thoroughly.
  • mrsbuzz
    Options
    thanks everyone :happy:
  • RMKnight
    Options
    Home made chicken noodle.

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, 2 cans of campbell's chicken broth, 1 can of campbell's french onion, 6c water, baby carrots, broccoli, white onion, cilantro, whole wheat pasta, pick your shape, need a few good handfuls
    *steam chicken in steamer bag in microwave until cooked, shred. cut up veggies. Throw everything into a pot, bring to boil for 10 minutes, ENJOY!