Cutting the sugar REALLY DOES cut the cravings!!!!

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
I challenged myself for 3 weeks(they say that is how long it takes to create a habit) to cut out sugar and artificial sweeteners, in an effort to stop my incredibly strong cravings for junk food.....and it has worked!!!! I have such a sweet tooth, but after 3 weeks of nothing..not even a diet coke i don't even want it and i am feeling great!!! So for the next 3 weeks my challenge is portion sizes, some days i have real issues with this one!!! Maiking the conscience effort and saying it can make all the difference for me, thanks for listening:drinker:

Replies

• carajo
    Options
    I challenged myself for 3 weeks(they say that is how long it takes to create a habit) to cut out sugar and artificial sweeteners, in an effort to stop my incredibly strong cravings for junk food.....and it has worked!!!! I have such a sweet tooth, but after 3 weeks of nothing..not even a diet coke i don't even want it and i am feeling great!!! So for the next 3 weeks my challenge is portion sizes, some days i have real issues with this one!!! Maiking the conscience effort and saying it can make all the difference for me, thanks for listening:drinker:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yey, great job! :flowerforyou:

The longest I've gone without sugar is 3 months. And as soon as I had one bite, all the cravings came back with a vengeance!! :angry: Since I started MFP, I've been doing better with the sugar habit.

I'm sure you'll do great with your portion size challenge too!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Congrats!!!!!!!!! It is great that you are challenging yourself and following through...what are your plans for your next challenge? Stay within the portion recommendations? Good luck to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Very good!!! I, too, have noticed that my cravings for sugar have been virtually eliminated. I was so horrible with sugar-anything I could get my hands on, eating whole boxes of sugary candy, spoonfuls of frosting, etc. I made a cake with the kids for the first time in months last night. Nothing fancy, just a vanilla cake mix with egg whites, no oil, and used OJ for the liquid. Added some canned crushed pineapple in juice before baking and topped with FF Cool Whip. Yup, my belly felt gross and I felt guilty after eating about 350 calories worth of crap. Didn't even taste as good as it used to.

So kudos to you and good luck with the portion control-be sure to get out those measuring cups as they really keep you on track...I'm sure you can do it!!! :)
  • carajo
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support!!! :happy: My plan is no second helpings, lots of water before, and during my meals!!!
    OMG i totally used to eat sugar cereal like crazy, i kid you not i have consumed an entire box of Waffle Crisp, sick i know!!!! I feel like now however, ok i have gone this long why start eating it now?
    I really was shocked that it actually worked, i would eat totally right for about a week then have a day where i just wanted junk and ended up feeling sick, i have not had those cravings at all!!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I hear yah. I have cut sugar entirely for years, and had a brownie last night. I'm going to pay for it all day with feeling terrible.