the before supper munchies!

Options
I can be having a GREAT DAY! Eating healthy , exercise completely on track, then I get home from work and my will power seems to vanish between 5:00 and supper. Evenings are fine again. Any tips?

Replies

• punky2178
    Options
    I find that I have the same problem. I am starting to have one of my
    16oz waters then and some gum. I also just read a post that a lady
    takes a hot bath and then starts dinner and it solves that problem for
    her.
    Good luck on your journey!!!
  • simplyJD
    simplyJD Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem - only mine starts around 3 PM. I've found sipping on a mug of College Inn White Wine & Herb Chicken Broth can help take the edge off for me. It tastes like you're getting something pretty decadent and the calories are fairly insignificant - like 15 cal. for 8 oz or something.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I keep carrots and celery sticks in the fridge SPECIFICALLY for this. And chuggin' a 24-oz nalgene bottle of water helps, too!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I know this may seem weird, but that is when I get on the scale!!! If I have been doing good all day then the number will be good and I don't want to mess it up!!! And I do alow myself 1 snack before dinner and it usually is a sugar free pudding cup...chocolate.. I get that craving for sweet or chocolate out of the way and it doesn't really cost me much!!! Hope this helps.
  • Harp123
    Options
    The same thing happens to me!!
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would say having a snack would be ideal or perhaps splitting your supper- have half of a portion when you get home or soup/salad and then the other half later on