Gyro Balls?

NZGeekGirl
NZGeekGirl Posts: 87
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Just wondering if anyone has used these? trying to get a little more info on them and what they actually do as well as if they work of course!

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    I tried a gyrating rod one time... it was really nice!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    I've never heard of them until I read your post and I had to look it up! How freaking interesting!!! I totally want to try using one!! According to amazon's reviews everyone who liked them LOVED them and the bad reviews were more along the lines of getting a dud ball as opposed to not liking how they work.

I'd be curious to see what anyone says!! :o)
  • Ha, I came here expecting to see a recipe for lamb meatballs with tzatziki sauce. :laugh:
  • kobesmum
    kobesmum Posts: 1 Member
    My ex used to have one. They are a bit tricky to get going but once you get the knack of it they are pretty good. They mainly strengthen and tone your lower arms and wrists. I was once recommended it as I was a softball pitcher and the wrist snap is where you get your power from.
  • Hmmmmm, think I may have to head into a store and try one out.
  • Ha, I came here expecting to see a recipe for lamb meatballs with tzatziki sauce. :laugh:

Haha me too!!!
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    I've used one on and off. The definitely can be frustrating to get going, but once you've got it they really do work your lower arms, wrist and grip strength. They're great for building finger strength for rock climbing too.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    I've used one on and off. The definitely can be frustrating to get going, but once you've got it they really do work your lower arms, wrist and grip strength. They're great for building finger strength for rock climbing too.

Oh I love hearing this! I absolutely love rock climbing and I'm thinking of trying to get my kiddo into it since he loves climbing so much! :o)
This discussion has been closed.