Fat Free Cheeses

Options
I stumbled upon fat free cheeses in the store a couple of weeks ago. They are a super food because they have a 5 to 1 calorie to protein ratio. They are an excellent way to add the volume of cheese without all the fat. Another option is to do half fat free and half non fat free.

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    only concern about completely fat free is... how did they do it? What chemicals have been altered in the half and half to make that happen? :-/ I used both for a long time till I thought about the unnatural process.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've stopped eating foods labeled fat free - it usually means high sugar or else some type of plastic like additive is in the product that my body can do without instead of a necessary nutrient, namely fat. I have really begun to see positive results in the phrase "You have eat fat to burn fat". Excluding of course preserved or hydrogenated oils.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    There are TONS of vitamins, nutrients and enzymes that are only available if the milk has not been pasteurized or chemical altered (vitamin A, D, E and K are fat soluble, which is why nature put fat in milk)
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So do you opt for low fat instead of fat free? Or do you eat limited amounts of full fat foods? I'm specifically referring to foods like sour cream, dressings, mayo, cheeses. I have noticed fat free usually means more added sugar.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Reduced fat for cheeses, sour cream and milk. I completely gave up mayo, it's not a dairy fat. Ew! ;) also I used reduced fat dressings if I dont make my own. Dressings have a lot of weird crud in them too...hfc and preservatives. I get a dressing jar and make it home made using olive oil. There are certain fats that are crucial for nutrients and digestion.
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm actually heading to the store to pick up greek yogurt and give it a try to replace mayo and dressings. someone posted an awesome recipe for homemade ranch dressing using greek yogurt.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I agree with the posters talking "how did they do it?" I am not necessarily opposed to lower fat or fat free options but some things just shouldn't be messed with, because they are healthier in their natural form. It also reminds me of the time I saw someone posting, elsewhere, about zero calorie raspberry jam. How in the world do you take something that HAS to have calories in it, just by nature of the item, and remove ALL the calories? That means to me that there is absolutely NO raspberry in that jam, and just an unnatural raspberry "flavor." Yikes.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Things on this earth were put here for us to eat them.... so why do we need to change them all? ;)

I use greek yogurt for many things!! I love it! :-D I even do the nonfat in that... but only cuz i get the all natural brand and there is a lot of fat in natural greek. When I use it in dressings and sauces I used regular or reduced. It makes some YUMMY things! :-D
  • lsiberian
    Options
    Things on this earth were put here for us to eat them.... so why do we need to change them all? ;)

I use greek yogurt for many things!! I love it! :-D I even do the nonfat in that... but only cuz i get the all natural brand and there is a lot of fat in natural greek. When I use it in dressings and sauces I used regular or reduced. It makes some YUMMY things! :-D

Natural is a very loosely used and abused word though. Many natural things are very dangerous for the body. Fat free cheese is derived from skim milk. It is a great addition to a pasta dish or somewhere where the flavor it not dependent on the cheese. Any way for me to hit my macros I am for.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options

Natural is a very loosely used and abused word though. Many natural things are very dangerous for the body. Fat free cheese is derived from skim milk. It is a great addition to a pasta dish or somewhere where the flavor it not dependent on the cheese. Any way for me to hit my macros I am for.

lol you do make a good point. Every time i hear someone touting something that is clearly just adding crap to a person's body as being natural, i find myself screaming (sometimes internally...lol) SO IS ARSENIC! ;-)
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

lol you do make a good point. Every time i hear someone touting something that is clearly just adding crap to a person's body as being natural, i find myself screaming (sometimes internally...lol) SO IS ARSENIC! ;-)
    LOL yes that is true! But my point is soooooooo many things are so chemically and genetically altered. That's all.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I love cheese that is made from 2% milk. It tastes great! It's also available as a store brand, too.