Parties Ruining My Diet Rant

Helawat
Helawat Posts: 605 Member
I'm moving out of town from Las Vegas to Maryland next week and I've been doing a lot of dinners/breakfasts/cookouts lately and it's killing me! I threw out my diet diet for these dinners and I'm patiently waiting for things will get back to normal after next Tuesday! My body is not used to these meals:

Denny's
Non-soy meat products
Real Dairy (where's the almond milk?!)
BBQ
Einstein's Bagels
Metric tons of sushi

I'm happy that I'm able to eat out with family and friends but I can't wait for everything to get back to normal. As long as I'm going to the gym, I'm fine but I haven't been since Thursday (been so busy) but once I get there on Monday I'll be good to go!

Replies

• Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    I'm moving out of town from Las Vegas to Maryland next week and I've been doing a lot of dinners/breakfasts/cookouts lately and it's killing me! I threw out my diet diet for these dinners and I'm patiently waiting for things will get back to normal after next Tuesday! My body is not used to these meals:

Denny's
    Non-soy meat products
    Real Dairy (where's the almond milk?!)
    BBQ
    Einstein's Bagels
    Metric tons of sushi

I'm happy that I'm able to eat out with family and friends but I can't wait for everything to get back to normal. As long as I'm going to the gym, I'm fine but I haven't been since Thursday (been so busy) but once I get there on Monday I'll be good to go!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    The worst things on there are denny's, bbq, and bagles :)

Real dairy and meat aren't really bad for you, just have to limit what you eat. My problem is celebrations tend to be accompanied by alcohol, which turns one tastey burger and a beer into 4 burgers, about 6 beers, a few shots, and a 2 hour nap on my friends' couch.

Sushi is good for you though! :)
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    tip: try not mixing up your meat and dairy in the same meal. gives your stomach a doozer. (maybe that's why we jews don't do it?) hehe.

no, seriously - it's a recipe for a sad small intestine :(

also makes you sluggish and keeps you wanting to eat more.