Headaches?

Options
With everyone finding their "new me" and changing their lives, has anyone started getting headaches when they wake up? Is this normal? I started my new lifestyle change a week ago today.

Replies

• traceysturn
    Options
    Yep - stick w/ it they will go away very soon!:wink:
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got horrible headaches when I did a low carb diet so I don't do that anymore.
  • jendiamond
    Options
    Maybe you're just getting sick? Also, you can get headaches if you're dehydrated...Make sure to drink more water...when you wake up, you haven't had water in so many hours....your body is telling you it's thirsty!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you've cut out something that your body was used to then you could be having a withdrawal headache.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    have you cut way back on caffeine? could be withdrawal headache. ease out of caffeine rather than cold turkey.
  • brighta
    Options
    No it's not. Are you eating too little? Exercising too much or too hard? It is not normal or healthy to all of a sudden develop headaches. You should see a doctor for clarification. It could be that you may not be eating enough or that you are exercising too hard. It is best to consult expert advice.
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    I got really bad headaches when I first started as I cut out coke and then again when cut out the tea. It didnt last long though xx
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I get headaches when i start any weightloss plan. Really bad ones, i'm talking about going to bed in a dark room ones. They usually go away after a week or 2.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    could be caffeine withdrawl, sugar withdrawl. But I would check with a doctor if they continue just to be safe.
  • homemom3
    Options
    I've started getting them either late at night or first thing in the morning. I think it is withdrawal headaches which I have got before when I cut the caffeine like I have.
  • stewilli409
    stewilli409 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did for the first three days, but now I'm good. I started five days ago.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Thanks you everyone! I did cut cold turkey with caffeine, so that's probably why I'm having the headache. If it continues, I'll have to call my doctor.
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I get headaches when I wake up. It has been happening for years now. I don't know what it is, but they are bad, and they usually last all day. My mom used to get them, so I guess they are hereditary. I hope they go away, or that you can find something that helps ease the pain.
  • shorty2021
    Options
    Im getting bad headaches at night an in the morning since i changed my diet 5 days ago :(