Already selling myself short?

Options
Or just being realistic? Had my first "official" weigh-in this morning, and the scale claims that I've lost 5 lbs. So I should be jumping for joy, yes? Instead I logged it as 3 lbs lost, because yesterday morning (and the day before) I "unofficially" weighed in at only 2lbs lost, and think that today's freakishly lower weight is probably a fluke. I'm perfectly fine with 3 lbs, especially since this week included a travelling holiday and meals to celebrate. But am I discrediting myself by not believing the 5?

Replies

• WeightLossTrek
    Options
    You should buy a new high quality scale. That way whatever it says you can trust it and don't have to doubt what it says. Keep up the great work!
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Never hurts to log conservatively. If the 5 pound loss sticks, then log it. No harm no foul.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    My first weigh-in (this morning) said 6.5 pounds. I logged every single one of those darn pounds! lol I say, log them! Your weight is going to fluctuate daily - as a matter of fact, it's going to fluctuate during the day, too. It is more than likely not going to be same next week - it might only be one or two pounds...or even a half pound. Take your credit (YOU did it!) and weigh in again next week. And congrats!!! 5 pounds is AWESOME! :flowerforyou:
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    Hmmmm...I was sitting here debating whether or not to log my 2 lbs lost since yesterday....I've been weighing myself daily, and according to my scale, have lost 16 lbs in 12 days....I've reached my mini-goal for Jan 31 but don't know if I really believe it or not :)
  • christinabgsu
    Options
    I know my weight fluctuates during the day/week. I was/am afraid to claim the 5 because I think it would totally bother me to think I GAINED 2 when I weigh in tomorrow. And that would be very discouraging!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If this is your first week "Dieting" 5lbs could be accurate...you'll find the first few weeks you'll have 2+ losses. Nice jump start to the new you.
  • traceysturn
    Options
    Mrs Ewert is exactly right! Take the 5 log them & go w/ it! I would also highly suggest not weighing EVERYDAY. It will screw w/ your head. Pick one day a week - same bat time same bat place.
    Congrats on a GREAT loss!
  • Ladyloraella
    Ladyloraella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You probably already know this but weighing yourself daily is just a really bad idea...your weight can go up and down quite a lot during the time of day, what your wearing, if you've just eaten etc etc

At night I can go up by 4lbs which I why I only ever weight myself every friday morning (after toilet, before shower) with just my undies haha!
  • danridge
    Options
    Hello all,
    When I weigh in I get on the scale 3 times in a row and I take the average weight. or if the same weight comes up 2 times out of 3 I use that number.
    It works for me.