Does ANYONE have this problem?!?!?

Options
Alright... So this is my 4th day here on MFP and I have been doing "somewhat" better...

:sad: :cry: :sad: :cry:
BUT NOT AS GOOD AS I SHOULD!!!

I mean everytime, I have ALREADY ate my boyfriend offers to go out for dinner **MEXICAN MY FAV** or the company buys lunch....

What should I do?!? and as sad as this sounds....
:brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
I DO NOT WANT TO TURN DOWN FREE FOOD!! (inclucing my fav)

Replies

• fatvanessa
    fatvanessa Posts: 15
    Options
    Alright... So this is my 4th day here on MFP and I have been doing "somewhat" better...

:sad: :cry: :sad: :cry:
    BUT NOT AS GOOD AS I SHOULD!!!

I mean everytime, I have ALREADY ate my boyfriend offers to go out for dinner **MEXICAN MY FAV** or the company buys lunch....

What should I do?!? and as sad as this sounds....
    :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
    I DO NOT WANT TO TURN DOWN FREE FOOD!! (inclucing my fav)
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I think if you're doing better than you were before you started MFP, you're doing awesome. Just try to get smaller portions of things, or when you get your entree, immediately split it in half and put half in a take out container and take it home. You can do this, even with temptation. And trust me, I totally get not wanting to turn down free food. I don't think it's physically possible for anyone to do that. :bigsmile:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I know how hard it can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there!! You are just starting... I am a social eater as well, especially if it is free!! This is what I do...if it is a restaurant I try to go for the healthier options, grilled chicken, grilled fish, veggies, etc. If I have a drink I choose a lower calorie one such as wine or light beer...no appetizers (hard to find a healthy appetizer anywhere :grumble: ) Also if I drink alcohol I don't allow myself dessert so I have to choose between having a drink or having dessert AND if I have dessert I share it with someone or eat half and box the rest...also watch your portions. Eat half of your meal and box the rest to enjoy that night (if eating lunch) or the next day...yummy!!

If I am at a party I just watch my portions. I don't allow myself seconds of anything... I get the right portion of something that I am craving or looks very yummy!! If I get something and it is not as good as it looks I just don't eat it and I get something else.

Oh, and lots of water and be consistent with your exercise!!!!!

Good luck!! You can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Having that problem right now... going out to dinner with my best friend from out of town. but hey if you can't have fun and do what you want or would normally do then you will never stick with it. so make smart choices and remember that one meal won't kill you if you get up tomorrow morning and eat right again. also a good hard workout will do wonders for fixing guilt and frustration.