Here's hoping I can make life changes

Options
I'm hoping to lose about 30-40 pounds. I'm 5'6 and weight (as of now) 189 pounds. I"ve been on here for a few days and have lost 6 pounds thanks to dieting and Jillian MIchaels 30-Day shred + Running. I'd like to get back to being around 140-150. I weighed around that in college and was very happy with the way I looked and felt. I'm a curvy girl and want to stay that way but my family has a history of hypertension and diabetes. so while I'm trying to lose weight, I'm really trying to make life changes that I'll continue even after I've lost the pounds.

I'm hoping to make friends on here that can help cheer me on and make sure I"m sticking to my exercise. On that note, does anyone have good ideas for healthy snacks that I can carry with me? I do IT for a living so my work schedule is constantly fluctuating and I want to make sure that I always have something healthy and tasty on me that I can munch on whenver I get hungry.

Replies

• davisbassman
    Options
    Right on, you can make it! This site is a great tool!
  • craigdean
    Options
    Good luck!
  • sparklefluff
    Options
    Good luck to you! I'd like to be friends so we can encourage each other.

For snacks, I like Fit & Active 90 calorie granola bars, Archer Farms fruit strips or fruit bars and 100 calorie packs of chocolate covered pretzels.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck to you!!
  • heatherhart
    heatherhart Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. Same weight & goals so I will add you as a friend we can keep each other on track :)