B vitamins

Options
I want to try taking a B vitamin supplement, but am unsure which one or ones I should be taking to get the most benefit out of it. Anyone know more about this?

Replies

• muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Try a B complex. It contains several B supplements.
  • kellalynn
    Options
    http://www.enotalone.com/article/9423.html

Have a look at this link! If you don't eat a lot of fish, proteins etc it is a good one to take.
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just take ultra women daily multi vitamen from vitamen world it has everything you can possibly imagine in it including high dose of b vitamens and its a raw vitamen which means it dissolves in your body instantly wheras most vitamens u get at like cvs sometimes take weeks to dissolve
  • kittyb1
    kittyb1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Marti,

I would try taking a combined B vitamin. But, also remember that vitamin are most available to your body for digestion through food...so keep your diet balanced and LOTS of variety to ensure work on getting the most out of your food. That being said, there is nothing wrong with taking vits as an insurance...

B3 (niacin) aids in metabolizing food
    B6 (pyridoxine), is essential in the breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Pyridoxine is also used in the production of red blood cells.
    B12 is necessary for processing carbohydrates, proteins and fats and to help make all of the blood cells in our bodies. B12 is stored in the liver.
    Deficiency of vitamin B12 causes mouth irritation, brain damage, and a disease called pernicious anemia

There are others but a well rounded multi or multi B should give you all you need.

Hope that helps,
    Cheers,
    Kitty
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Just a word of warning on the B vitamins.....don't freak out when your urine turns lime green or fluorescent yellow! :noway: The B vitamins that are not absorbed will pass through the kidneys and come out a sometimes startling color. Get the time release ones if you can find them, not so much gets "washed out".
  • Rfporter
    Options
    For better absorption, I'd suggest a sub-lingual pill (liquid is also available but I don't like it) - that is its put under your tongue to be absorbed. It also gives you a nice boost energy pretty quickly. Swallowed B's just are not absorbed that well from what I've experienced. I take a B-complex every morning for the past 5 years, and have never had my urine change colors from it.
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    where can I get a B complex that it time released or absorbed quicker?
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has a B vitamin complex that is absorbed under the tongue. 100 tablets for about 6-7 dollars. I took my first one today, so far so good on the neon yellow pee.