breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    When I eat oatmeal, I use Coach's Oats - I get them at Costco, but I'm not sure if they're available somewhere else.

They're steel cut, so you get the extra benefits, but they're toasted before they're cut, so they cook much faster! I nuke them for 4 minutes at 70% power.

I alternate between the following additions:

Swiss Miss 25 calorie cocoa mix
    1 Tbsp. peanut butter
    Banana
    (sometimes I add all three of the above and have a lighter morning snack)
    Diced apple that I microwave separately before adding, with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
    A bit of nuts (sliced almonds, pecan pieces, etc.)
    Craisins or dried apricots
    A bit of yogurt - either vanilla or with fruit
    Or ... for something savory ... I'll add an egg or egg beaters before cooking, and add salt, pepper, whatever.

When I'm tired of oatmeal, I eat yogurt with nuts and fruit; breakfast wraps (turkey bacon, veggies, eggs/egg beaters); peanut butter toast with fruit.
  • StephaniePhotoLady
    StephaniePhotoLady Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1 slice of oat bran bread with 1 tbsp of smart balance creamy peanut butter and 8 chocolate chips. Toast the bread first. Gives me protein. The heat from the toasted bread will melt the chocolate chips...satisfying and yummy!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Bump -some really good suggestions here. I am getting burned out on my oatmeal with walnuts every morning. Time to mix it up some and you all have given me some great ideas. Thanks!!!! :bigsmile:
  • melmi20
    melmi20 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just found these online!

Mexican Cheddar Breakfast Burrito
    • 8" Tortilla
    • 1/2 Cup of Egg Beaters
    • 1 oz of low calorie shredded cheddar cheese
    • 2 tbsp of mild salsa

'Fast Food' Breakfast BurritoThis version tastes almost exactly like something that would be sold at a fast food chain. It has lots of flavor (is pretty salty) and delicious!
    • 8" Tortilla
    • 1/2 Cup of Egg Beaters
    • 1 oz of low calorie shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 1/2 teaspoon of Bacon Chive potato seasoning (cook the scrambled eggs with this seasoning. It's found in the prepared foods section at the grocery store.)

Ultra Cheesy Breakfast BurritoThe avocado in this recipe gives a great texture and taste that is similiar to cheese. When paird with mozzarella cheese, it gives you a very satisfying cheesy breakfast!
    • 8" Tortilla
    • 1/2 Cup of Egg Beaters
    • 1 oz of low calorie shredded mozzarella cheese
    • 3 avocado slices (about 1/8 of the avocado)

Bump!! I love breakfast burritos and these are great recipes. Thanks for sharing!
  • lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Options
    I put 1 tbsp of peanut butter on wheat toast and top with 1/2 a banana...........so yum!