ChaLean or P09X???

Options
Just curious which one would be better, ChaLean or P09X???

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    none! lol....do jillian michaels!
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your personal style! I love anything Chalene Johnson puts out and have started my 3rd round of ChaLEAN Extreme.

Chalene is very upbeat, good at showing and stressing form. Her workouts range from 35 -45 minutes. 15 minutes on the Ab workouts. There are about 9 exercise moves per workout, each one hitting upper body and lower body at the same time.

Tony Horton can be kind of goofy. P90X is more hard core. There are 20 or so exercise per workout, each one focusing on a specific body part. Workouts range from 45-60 minutes, although I believe the YogaX workout is actually 90 minutes.

I will sometimes sub in the P90X cardio or the Abs/Core routines into the ChaLEAN workout for fun and variety, however I stick to ChaLEAN for the weight lifting exercises.

Both routines are fantastic. Both will give you the results you are looking for if you put in the time to the workout AND you maintain a good, clean diet.

There are several forums for both workouts already on MFP - you can do a search on them individually and ask some folks on the forums for their opinions as well!

Good luck!
  • coachcarter
    Options
    It depends on your fitness goals. Both are good programs but they would also require that you be somewhat fit to begin with because of their difficulties.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Both programs are doABLE for any body and I have completed both! If time is important I'd not advise P90X cuz they are 1 hour long where as CLX longest dvd is like 46 minutes! I liked P90X but I loved CLX and I saw better results with Chalene Johnson than I did Tony Horton! I liked her workout so well that after giving myself a 2 month break (from lifting, not cardio), I am doing a hybrid of Turbo Fire and ChaLean Extreme!! When I did the CLX program I also used different activities on the cardio days (you just get tired of the same cardio), I used Insanity, I subbed some in some of P90X's cardio, I ran, I used an elliptical etc;;
    Make a choice and give it your best, you will feel and see positive results!!!!
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!! I currently am on level 3 of Jillian Michael 30 day shred but have gone thru that dvd several times and I just dont think its working anymore. I also go to the gym and do cardio and some weight lifting. I also have Wii Fit Plus, Wii Active and Wii Zumba all are great but I think I need something different. Time can sometimes be a problem as I have a 2yr old and 5yr old. Its hard to do a dvd workout w/them running around so I wind up doing them after they go to sleep which means I'm doing my dvd's around 830/9pm. Not when I prefer but thats when I have the time. I have reached my weight goal after having my kids but I really want to tone up more. I am currently 137lbs, 5'6 and a size 6. I was 120lbs and a size 2 when I met my hubby 8yrs ago, I would love to get closer to that!! But hey back then I had all the time in the world to exercise!!