Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Frustrating.....all in my head!

I started this weight loss journey Dec 1...and in the first 2 weeks, I lost 10 pounds! I maintained it over Christmas and New Years, and just cant get the scale to move. I know I am losing inches...my pants fit better, my shirts fit better, people have noticed! I know I am stronger, kickboxing is getting easier and I can exert harder in it.

I eat 1420 cals/day, work out about 5x week and I eat most of my exercise cals back (always hit 1200 net). I would like to lose about 95 pounds, to be in my healthy range.

As soon as the scale stops moving, I tend to stop trying. Trying really hard to be different this time!! Tomorrow I start the Biggest Loser competition at my gym, so I hope that helps. I know this is working if the scale isnt moving, but I get so frustrated! I might need to hide the scale....

I am a full time working Mom, if anyone else is, add me as a friend....I can use the support!

Replies

• defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    I'm not a mom but I added you anyway. :)

I've never done this myself, but I think hiding your scale is a great option. Take a "before" weight measurement today, hide your scale until halfway through the competition, take a "during" weight measurement then to keep yourself motivated, and then weigh yourself again on the last day of the competition. (Unless the competition requires you to weigh in more frequently than that).

Process goals like "I will sweat at the gym x amount of times this week" are sometimes better than number goals like "I will weigh x amount by x date" goals. Focus on the DOING and see how much weight comes off. :)
  • you will start to build muscle and your measurements will change. Dont give up. Also look back at your bmr (required cal per day) if you are more active and have added muscle you may need more caloires.

My wife is the mother of two and she forgets that she has to watch activity level as whe watches her diet.

Good luck.