150 days to lose 62lbs

Options
EmmaR84
EmmaR84 Posts: 103 Member
Hello,
I joined here on Tuesday (4th Jan) after a few of my colleagues started using MFP. I'm 26 and live in England. I'm not going to type out how I reached this weight, if you're interested it is on my profile :)
My goal is to lose 62lbs before I go on holiday in June. Not the easiest of goals I suppose but I hope if I don't cheat I will get there.
Since Tuesday I have lost 4lbs and I've not found keeping track of the calories, or sticking to them too difficult.

Emma

Replies

• sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    Seems unrealistic, but good luck.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Have you considered trying MEdifast plan? I've lost 64 pounds in 3-1/2 months.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP recommends a weigh lose of no more than 2 lbs per week you are looking for about 3/week, may not be healthy at this rate for that long.
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow, well I read your story and sounds like you've been through a lot! Good luck... I concur with everyone here, it seems like a big task... but sure you can deal with anything now :o)
  • jayshann
    jayshann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can do it....If you need some encouragement we are all here for you.:happy: Just commit to a healthy lifestyle and be satified with the change.
  • EmmaR84
    Options
    luv2ash, I haven't heard of the medifast plan, what is it? I'm trying at the moment to just eat healthily, lots of veggies, some fruit, a bit of lean meat, some fibre and I'm planning the occasional treat in too. I like to plan ahead so I know what I'll be eating each day and I included a small treat size cadbury flake into todays calories, I've just had it whilst my children are having a nap!

erickirb, I'll be honest I don't exoect to keep up hig loses each week, I think my body is just adjusting at the moment. I know from experience in the first couple of weeks after changing my eating habits I may lose anything from 6-14lbs but then it generally settles into 1-3lb a week depending on what I've eaten and how much excercise I do.

SallyLunn, thank you for the luck, I think I'll need it. I know it is a high goal and there is a chance that I won't reach it but I know if I go into this thinking "well I want to reach that target but I doubt I will" I'll allow myself to slack off and cheat. Following a slimming group plan I have previously lost 42lb in just over 3 months so I might get there! I'll just have to see!

Thank you all for your replies, I have a feeling I'll be posting on here a fair bit to stay motivated.
  • EmmaR84
    Options
    Thank you Sophieshaped and Jayshann.
    Sophieshaped, yes it's been a difficult few years but I'm still here, still smiling (well mostly!) and have a family I'm very proud of, now just to get my self in better shape :)
  • DijanaN
    Options
    Its achievable if you have a plan and stick to it. Ive lost 45lbs in 3 months however the first 20-30lbs are the easiest depending on how much you have to lose, it gets harder the closer you get to your goal (at least for me). Good luck !!