Whoa my body had changed!

Options
I have been doing really well with my dieting. I have cheated only a few times, but I cut portions in half. I have been eating healthier alternative to everything and practically stopped all restaurant eating except for a two time. My husnad had been out of town for a week so we decided to go on a date. We had a white pizza, with chicken, feta cheese, onions and roma tomatoes. Boy did it do a number on my mistake, I really feel like my body just rejected the food. I don't think it was food poisoning because my husband had the same thing. Maybe I can find a way to make a healthier white pizza, because honestly I looked forward to eating it all week and I even did extra exercise to help counteract the extra calories. Has this happened to anyone else? Also any ideas on how to make it at home, healthier?

Replies

• ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    Options
    I have been doing really well with my dieting. I have cheated only a few times, but I cut portions in half. I have been eating healthier alternative to everything and practically stopped all restaurant eating except for a two time. My husnad had been out of town for a week so we decided to go on a date. We had a white pizza, with chicken, feta cheese, onions and roma tomatoes. Boy did it do a number on my mistake, I really feel like my body just rejected the food. I don't think it was food poisoning because my husband had the same thing. Maybe I can find a way to make a healthier white pizza, because honestly I looked forward to eating it all week and I even did extra exercise to help counteract the extra calories. Has this happened to anyone else? Also any ideas on how to make it at home, healthier?
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    was it the idea that you were eating pizza or the things on it?

White pizza is generally a type of alfredo sauce with cheeses, milks, etc. It isn't light by any means, and it does give your stomach one kick and oh it is sooooooo good. Coupled with feta cheese I can see how that hurt you.

White pizza isn't necessarily lighter in calories, either.

Try:

Thin crust pizza made with wheat flour (remember a cup of white flour is around 480 calories, and you're eating up to two to three times that)

a lower fat cheese (cheddar is ok if you don't od it)

salsa or fresh tomatoes

chicken (heavier on the chicken, make it chicken breast)

thinly spread tomato sauce (even better if you make it yourself)

no-calorie spices

veggies

Or make lower-calorie "pizza nachos" at home and load em up with veggies and chicken. :P

Just bake the chips yourself or go for lower fat ones.

OK to splurge sometimes...don't beat yourself up over it. But yeah, a white pizza would not only be my downfall but a stomach-kicker for me!!
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I notice too when I have cheat days I feel icky after I eat something greasy like mexican food.( which by the way is my favorite. chips and salsa YUM!!!!). anyway. it kinda motivates me to not cheat b/c I know how I will feel afterwards. look at it as a silver lining.:bigsmile:
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    ps if you like french bread, try making pizza bread instead and use mozzerella cheese and marinara sauce. if you like spicy, make it spicy since that revs your metabolism and makes you want to inhale water.

plus it takes about 15 minutes.
  • ehorner1976
    Options
    I have to say the thought of white pizza makes me gag today. I think I will try to find someone that sells pampered chef I have heard the have a whole grain pizza crust mix.
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    make it yourself and save lots of...dough!

hehehe!

yeast, water, flour, maybe baking soda. :p
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I think once you have all the processed greasy foods out of your system, when you shock it and put it back into your system....it makes you sick. I've been there done that.!!
  • ehorner1976
    Options
    Must find pizza crust recipe..I just looked on pampered chef website....it didn't look whole grain to me. I am not mych of bread maker, but I will see what I can find. My mother in law makes a delicious south bread, it is so good on sandwiched, maybe I will try to venture into the world of making my own breads and pizza crusts!
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    super easy. i thought it would be hard, but it's not.

don't worry so much about the caloric content because you're going to be spreading it thin-crust.

anyway, another tip: just make the dough and let it rise overnight. honestly, most dough recipes give you enough to feed a small army!!
  • maverickyanda
    Options
    also, people think you're a martha stewart for making your own bread. pssht. i just started and everyone's like, oh!! she's great! and i'm like eeeeeeeeeeee! easy as pie!

you don't have to go scouting out the local brewery for barely malts or anything!