Antibiotics and Exercise

Options
Unfortunately my doctor prescribed me some antibiotics this morning for a sinus infection, for 7 days.

My question is- do you all exercise while taking antibiotics? Do you do half of what you normally do, or how do you modify your workouts while taking anything?

Other than pressure and a bit of pain from the sinus nfection itself, I feel fine. I do notice a little less energy as my workout goes on, but I just find I have to slow it down for a while when I do. What do you think? Am I pushing myself too hard or is this the right way to go about my workouts?

Thanks for the advice!

Replies

• kiuney
    kiuney Posts: 68
    Options
    Antibiotics shouldn't really affect your workout. This is when it's good to listen to your body and do an abbreviated workout (either in length, intensity or both).
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Being on antibiotics isn't in itself a reason not to workout. If you feel good enough then carry on.
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    I haven't heard of antibiotics affecting a work out. If you feel OK...by all means exercise.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Don't use antibiotics as an excuse to avoid working out. Although do give yourself enough rest time and lots of fluid to help flush out that nasty bug you've got. Also head out to your local natural foods store and pick up some probiotics. They will help restore the "good guys" in your system that antibiotics wipe out.