RANT: being petite and on a diet

Options
I seriously wish I was about 5 inches taller or something. I hate it that when I was 124 lbs after my son was born I could eat more when I was dieting (duh) and now I'm...eh. I'm small framed and I ballooned up (partially from PCOS, not from watching soaps all day sob sob) and have this pokey out stomach and if I ate what my friends casually eat and don't think about it, I'd just keep gaining weight (and people would give up their seats on the light rail thinking I was with child ha ha) and this totally sucks because after I lost the baby weight and was around 100 lbs I was the thin one of the group and now I'm struggling to keep my fat inside of my pants (or making sure no one notices its spilling over because when I was 100 lbs it just "tucked" in post-baby haha) and its VERY VERY HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT with medical problems and

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

anyone will tell you that the shorter you are and the less you weigh, the less you get to eat to maintain body weight. Well, that means the less you eat to lose weight.

And that means the more you have to workout to burn calories. It makes sense and everything but rant eroo rant eroo. It's harder to see results and takes so much longer just to feel better.

It's very frustrating to be working against medical...stuffs.

On the other hand :heart: I got rx'd a new med for seizures and it usually makes people lose a lb or two :heart: can't complain about that.

Replies

• maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I seriously wish I was about 5 inches taller or something. I hate it that when I was 124 lbs after my son was born I could eat more when I was dieting (duh) and now I'm...eh. I'm small framed and I ballooned up (partially from PCOS, not from watching soaps all day sob sob) and have this pokey out stomach and if I ate what my friends casually eat and don't think about it, I'd just keep gaining weight (and people would give up their seats on the light rail thinking I was with child ha ha) and this totally sucks because after I lost the baby weight and was around 100 lbs I was the thin one of the group and now I'm struggling to keep my fat inside of my pants (or making sure no one notices its spilling over because when I was 100 lbs it just "tucked" in post-baby haha) and its VERY VERY HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT with medical problems and

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

anyone will tell you that the shorter you are and the less you weigh, the less you get to eat to maintain body weight. Well, that means the less you eat to lose weight.

And that means the more you have to workout to burn calories. It makes sense and everything but rant eroo rant eroo. It's harder to see results and takes so much longer just to feel better.

It's very frustrating to be working against medical...stuffs.

On the other hand :heart: I got rx'd a new med for seizures and it usually makes people lose a lb or two :heart: can't complain about that.
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Were you prescribed topomax? I dropped about 10 pounds when I took that for migraine headaches, but on the down side I got terrible cystic like acne-not cool-I think I would have rather kept the pounds! Good luck with everything.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yup.

Oh great. Acne. Not what I need when I already have pcos.

<points to avatar.

Skinny and pimply! Like teenage years again!