what a great site this is :)

bigloser2012
bigloser2012 Posts: 3
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Diet started today..this is an awesome site to keep a track of what ure doing, having the list your foods so you know exactly how many calories your eating as its hard sometimes to know how many calories are in products that dont have instructions of daily food intakes.
I have a goal of 2-3stone to do this year + im gona keep it up..

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    This is indeed a great site for accountability, even just to yourself. I'm doing now what the nutritionist wanted me to 2 years ago, and I just couldn't but now I find if I want a snack I'm thinking if I really want to enter it on my food diary, if its something I don't want to enter then I don't eat it. Really opens ones eyes to the caloric intake we can get just from snacking / browsing, seeing it in front of you. Not to say I don't snack (unhealthy ones) still, but if I'm having something I make sure it fits in my daily calories. Already seeing scale progress. Rewarding
  • Yes it is. I've learned so much in only my first week.

I started an excel database but it was woefully inadequate.

I have stayed firm 5/6 days and was under my calories. I was over to way over on protein, under on carbs and fat.

I then added the sugar and fiber fields. Like whoa, no good.

This is going to be tough.

Good luck to you.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    I've been on the site since late november and it has really helped me to be accountable.. I have to say.. man.. I ate that tiny piece of chocolate...50 calories?? Really??? It's crazy. Plus it has really brought to light seemingly "healthy" foods that were killing my weight loss.. I thought the chicken wraps from el pollo loco were good!! It's so eye opening. I was trying and trying to lose weight but now it's actually happening. Good luck to everyone out there who wants to be the best them they can be! <3
  • Jonesie it really stinks but if you're going to be good for a day, it seems you're not allowed to eat out at all at 90% of establishments.

Woe is us. :)

I was going for fast food the other day and checked the site first.

That changed my mind real quick.
This discussion has been closed.