What do you do about clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetseraph7
    Options

Also word of advice - rip the zippers or buttons off the pants that are too big for you - that way you won't have the mind set (I have this size i can go back in to them if I need to).

Might be less wasteful to donate them. :wink:

Yeah I didn't think of that haha! at least not at that point in time!
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I was wearing a lot of draw-string and elastic waist pants until I got to go shopping. Is there an outlet store near you? I got a few really good pairs of jeans at Vanity Fair Outlet for $4.99-9.99 each.

You could also check LaneBryant.com or some other major department store websites and go through their clearance items. You won't be able to try them on first though. But sometimes youcan really find some steals!
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    O yeah! I forgot about freecycle.org You can get FREE stuff that people in your area are just throwing out!
  • leiivarius
    Options
    I tend to wear baggy warm sweaters and cozy cardigans, since it's dead-winter here.
    I try to avoid tight jeans and small t-shirts / tops.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I dont know American stores but surely there is a cheaper, nice store that you can shop at when they have sales? I would add your email to a mailing list to watch for really good sales. We have a store here, Ricki's that I am on their mailing list. I buy my pants when they are on sale for about $10 a pair. They are not the best quality and would only last a few months, but that is really all I need them for. I dont know if they ship to the states, but they might be worth looking up!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If you buy them a size or 2 to small you can go to a maternity store and buy this thing called a belly band. That way if the jeans are too small it holds them on you.

I love belly bands (you can get them cheap on ebay too). They are great for jean/pants/skirts that are too big, too small, or fit just right. They look like you are wearing a tank top under your regular shirt. I have a rather large tattoo on my lower back, being a teacher it is inappropriate to have skin showing. The belly band keeps my back skin and fat rolls hidden at all times. Love them!
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Do you have a Savers? It's a donation store that benefits Candelighters (cancer patients). Tons of cute jeans!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I was wondering what to do about clothes in the "between" times. I hate shopping so to have to buy new clothes every month or so would really suck!
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Personally I love a darker pair of jeans. I wear one pair of jeans multiple times before they need washed. You could try for a decent priced pair of nice/dark jeans and pick up sale tops that look good with it, if you want new. Somepeople checkout Goodwill and Salvation Army (I have) for cheep stuff. And if you happen to have friends going dieting too then you may be able to swap or borrow clothes. My mom's best friend has loaned her a lot of clothes since she(friend) no longer fits in them and my mom is still losing weight. Some of the nice stuff you have can also be taken in at the seams to make it fit better and you can get more use out of them. Also, you can put some of your old stuff in the resale shop and use that money to buy new :) Good luck