calorie help

Options
OK general question folks: Is it bad I've only had 394 calories for the day and it's almost 1? I just dont feel hungry!

Replies

• Sarah_B_Harris
    Options
    I know your supposed to eat 6 small meals a day, I usually go light during the day too and then I can eat an almost normal dinner with my family. I think you should atleast have a snack, bbecause if you don't it might cause you to benge later and cause what I call eaters remorse...hope this helps. :o)
  • billiebimbo
    billiebimbo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a lot of veg and find it hard to get my calories up as I am trying to avoid fatty foods - not easy is it? brillliant tho - maybe up your carbs and protein? put a bit of cheese in things? you've done so well losing 12 pound you must be chuffed to bits? the sense of achievement must be great!! I've still got three stone to go so my road is a still less travelled thus far!! still I must say I am enjoying being back in controll of my diet and exercise - this site is great!!
  • Bauer77
    Bauer77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You also want to remember not to deprive your metabolism not working at its potential. You are doing great keep up the good work...Save the calories you dont use today to make you feel better if you go over on another day.
  • Bauer77
    Bauer77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, and be thankful that you get to spend a dinner with your family!!! Unfortunately my dinner's with me family are few and far between.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That definitely sounds a little low if you're already past lunch time. I'm on 1200 calories per day and usually try to keep it around 600 spent after I eat lunch.

Maybe you can supplement with a protein shake or even a nutritional supplement one like Ensure? For me I find I can drink calories even when I'm not super hungry.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Agree w/ all here. Yesterday, for meal #5, I had to force myself to eat 3 snickerdoodles, but the protein powder drink went right down.
  • TrudyLea
    Options
    I'm with everyone else. Seems like you should eat something - even if you have to "drink" it. Good luck. You seem to be on the right track!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat during the day, only that you get your daily goals in, most days. You can eat it all at 9 tonight if you want to. It won't affect your metabolism in a negative way unless you eat too little for a bunch of days in a row or on most days.
  • runningneo122
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat during the day, only that you get your daily goals in, most days. You can eat it all at 9 tonight if you want to. It won't affect your metabolism in a negative way unless you eat too little for a bunch of days in a row or on most days.

Dude, Is that going to lead to better eating habits???:noway: :noway: :laugh:
  • TateFTW
    Options

Well, yes it will. Yesterday I didn't eat until 5:00 pm, and only ate half my calorie goal at the end of the day. It's called intermittent fasting.

I hardly think it's a good idea to tell someone trying to lose weight to eat when they aren't even hungry, with the only exception being a chronic under-eater who's metabolic rates have dropped, keeping them from becoming hungry.
  • runningneo122
    Options

Well, yes it will. Yesterday I didn't eat until 5:00 pm, and only ate half my calorie goal at the end of the day. It's called intermittent fasting.

I hardly think it's a good idea to tell someone trying to lose weight to eat when they aren't even hungry, with the only exception being a chronic under-eater who's metabolic rates have dropped, keeping them from becoming hungry.
    I have yet to read that in any healthy weight loss, healthy lifestyle, resistance training or bodybuilding book.
  • TateFTW
    Options

I have yet to read that in any healthy weight loss, healthy lifestyle, resistance training or bodybuilding book.

You read in a book that it's a great idea to eat when you aren't hungry? rly?

Keep your books, I'll take my scientific studies.
  • runningneo122
    Options
    I said that I haven't read anything about "intermittent fasting" and that includes on the internet as well as the books. I guess Arnold Shwarzanegger and Tom Venuto et. al. are full of it. Studies can be twisted to yield whatever results you wish...One study says sugar is ok another says it causes cancer in lab mice.(If it ate10 times its body weight every day for a year) Same with soda... if you drink two cases of cans a day for three years you could get cancer. How about "Global Warming" ? Good luck to you if that works for you.