Drinking Tomorrow Night

Options
2»

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Assuming you're a guy, I can't picture you with vodka and crystal light. LOL

My husband (a very manly dude) drinks grey goose and soda. Low in calories, gives you a good buzz, no sugar and is a guy's drink.

I would stay away from the beers. Even the low calorie ones, you'd have to drink like 3 to give you the buzz one vodka would.
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories in alcohol is directly related to it's proof. See this page:

http://www.fitnessforweightloss.com/how-many-calories-are-in-alcohol-or-liquor/

I would suggest Captian/Diet Coke, or Gin/Tonic.

That is my low cal drink, rum and diet coke and Ive never been religious about logging. In my experience Ive never gained weight from alcohol. It's always the wings and other assorted goodies i munch on once the alcohol lowers my inhibitions. lol
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    Beer...I drink the new 55 or 64....not too bad
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Assuming you're a guy, I can't picture you with vodka and crystal light. LOL

My husband (a very manly dude) drinks grey goose and soda. Low in calories, gives you a good buzz, no sugar and is a guy's drink.

How do you know what drinks are manly? Or was that just a joke? :tongue: (am really new to drinking :drinker: so I can't tell)

@OP: Are you looking to have a drink to drink and chat, or just to get fuzzy? For drink and chat probably light beer, but just to get fuzzy go with shots :tongue: I get sort of tipsy after one shot of vodka though, so I'm not sure how true that may be for you
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I know this won't be the popular suggestion but it's legit just the same...LOL..."pretend" to drink and just stick to diet soda (you can tell everybody you're in training for a 5K or something). I have friends who are recovering alcoholics and they do this all the time. It works for some folks and not others. I'm not a big drinker so I don't care if other folks tease me about drinking.

That said, pp are right, if you're going to drink, go slow, stick to mixing with diet soda or light beer, etc.

Good luck and I hope your team wins!