Posting my first "Small Victory!"

Options
kleeper80
kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
I started my journey on December 1st and have so far lost almost 22 pounds, which is great! But my small victory is that my wedding rings have been so tight since I was at my highest weight that I couldn't even stand to wear them sometimes. The other day, I was doing Zumba at home in my living room (thank goodness) and my wedding ring flew off my hand because it has gotten so loose! :-) I now know that I have to be VERY careful not to lose it, but it made me feel so good.

Replies

• azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    wonderful!
  • kelzz193
    kelzz193 Posts: 120
    Options
    that is a wonderful small victory indeed! Good for you :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Good stuff! Go get it sized down so you don't lose it!
  • CANDIV
    CANDIV Posts: 1
    Options
    Congradulations that is a huge accomplishment:smile:
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is very good!

3151967.pngCreated by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jyt2573
    jyt2573 Posts: 80
    Options
    Congratulations!!

I am too afraid to get my rings sized down (prolly a committment issue) so for a stop gap, I went to a jewelers and got a ring guard put on. I can adjust the size as I need and until I am ready to make the leap and cut that band, it will keep my rings in place. (and stop that awful spinning!)

Another trick I did before I got the ring guard was to buy a simple gold band in my new smaller ring size and put it on in front of my wedding rings. They spun around my finger like crazy, but they stayed on.

Good luck and well done!!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That is great!!!! I cannot even get mine on at the moment :( Guess that is my "first" true goal.
  • kleeper80
    kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not going to get it sized right now. I'm going to wait until I get to my goal weight so I only have to do it once. I think I will go to a local jeweler and see what they recommend.
  • dina16
    dina16 Posts: 1
    Options
    :wink: THAT IS GREAT!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great that happened to before with ring lol. I am currently size 4.5 ring size.
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That is a large victory!!!! Congrats
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    This is a HUGE accomplishment. I couldn't get my wedding set off for two. years. The day it came off, I nearly cried. This is a major milestone that you should CELEBRATE!!!

Charmagne
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!