Getting rid of the muffin/mushroom top...

Options
Is there any exercises or anything I should be doing to get this to go away or will it go away with weight loss?

Replies

• MrX8503
    MrX8503 Posts: 67
    Options
    Weight loss would be the biggest factor to get rid of a muffin top. This can obviously be done through nutrition and cardio. Also add in some strength training and abdominal workouts.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I do have to say I have a friend at the gym that was a runner and was not overweight at all but she had a slight muffin top - she started working with our personal trainer built her ab muscles and her upper body muscles
    she got rid of it. So I think in my opionion it's a combo of both - diet and excercise
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Sadly spot reduction is not possible. It seems the first place you put it on is the last place you lose it! I want to lose it from my arms, but short of having it sucked out of you, you can't make the body burn fat from a certain part of your body.

Overall diet and exercise is the best way to go.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I gain all my weight in my stomach. I do alot of twist w/ alt punching if that makes sense. I do 100 crunches. I've seen a huge difference in the last month.
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I gain all my weight in my stomach. I do alot of twist w/ alt punching if that makes sense. I do 100 crunches. I've seen a huge difference in the last month.

Do you do this everyday?
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Crunches, 5 times a week (normally) and the twist, when I think about it. Its not in my "everyday routine" but if I'm standing in front of the t.v. I'll stop and throw a few in.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I do have to say I have a friend at the gym that was a runner and was not overweight at all but she had a slight muffin top - she started working with our personal trainer built her ab muscles and her upper body muscles
    she got rid of it. So I think in my opionion it's a combo of both - diet and excercise

I think this helps because it improves posture and better posture and stronger abs to keep it pulled in can make a difference in ow our tummy pooches
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Honestly? Nice, old fashioned, higher waisted jeans and trousers ;) Just wear longer tops so no one sees how unfashionable you are lol xx