A Tip for Eating at Restaurants

Options
HI Fitness Pal Family!

The problem I have with eating out is that you think if you order a salad you will be ok. Well, as it turns out most salads have a lot of calories. When my husband and I decide to go out for dinner what I have been doing is looking at the menu and their nutrition guide beforehand. Most places have their nutrition information online. That way when I get there I don’t order a salad and think I’m doing the right thing!

Just a tip!

Replies

• susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I actually JUST did this to prepare for my dinner tomorrow night at Montana's Cookhouse! It's definitely beneficial to be prepared beforehand. There are a lot of hidden calories that we don't realize that we're eating in restaurant food!! Definitely pre-plan your meals out! Most places have "healthier alternatives" so watch for those : ))
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    If I ever eat out that is always what I do first. If you choose before you get there it leaves no room for temptation because you already know what you want!!

There is a salad I love until I learned it had over 1000 cals!!!!
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that tip. Thatll come in handy as i eat out at restaurants quite a bit.
  • CJKJ
    CJKJ Posts: 3
    Options
    I always end up sounding like Meg Ryan in WHMS - can I have the salad but not if there's potato, with the dressing on the side etc etc.

No-ones ever said "I'll have what she's having"
  • mariaezdabomb
    Options
    That is a great tip. Thanks for sharing :)
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    LOL..I know, I plan too when I know where we are going. We have a burger place here called Red Robin and I have my own Boca burger with teriyaki pineapple, tomatoe, red onion wrapped in letttuce instead of a bun. I once figured it out to be really low calorie so whenever I find myself there that is my staple. Nice to have done my homework.. and yes....no one has ever said I'll have one of those, lmao oh well their loss......:drinker: cuz it's delish!