Fruit.

Options
Can going over your calories with fruit make you gain weight? I find that I always go to apples if I'm still hungry and have little cals. left..can this be potentially damaging?

Thanks!

Replies

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Can going over your calories with fruit make you gain weight? I find that I always go to apples if I'm still hungry and have little cals. left..can this be potentially damaging?

Thanks!
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    probably not. some fruits are a little more bloating than others.

i wouldn't suggest gorging on like a 55 apple fruit bowl, though!!!

=)
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think so. Apples are a great source of water and fiber. Not a bad thing to be indulging with! :flowerforyou:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    If your ganna go over.. fruit or veggies is the way to go... I really dont think it will hurt you cuz you may have burned more cals today then you even knew... :smile:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I cut fruit at work and I do eat a few pieces a day. I hope that doesn't kill my diet.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    calories are calories, yes.

but if you really are hungry, then drink some water (or tea!) and eat an apple or an orange.

and then re-evaluate what you ate over the course of the day and try something else for tomorrow :P

you CAN eat too many fruits and veggies when you're on a diet in terms of caloric content.