Here we go again.....

Options
So, I'm new to MFP and I"m loving it!! For the past 3 years straight, I have started a weight loss/get fit program in January, lost about 30 lbs by June, then by December I'm right back where I started. FRUSTRATION!!!!!! UGH!!! This year we are having a friendly wager at work to see who can lose the highest % weight by April 1st. I would really like to win and I'm looking for ways to do this. But this time, I want to start something that I can continue to maintain year round. Ultimately, I would like to lose 100 lbs, but realistically I think I could lose 30 by April 1st if I really really focus. What do you think? Is 30 lbs in 3 months realistic? Help!!!

Replies

• onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi! I feel like that is realistic. Thats about 2-3 pounds a week. I think that is very attainable. I am trying loose a hundred pounds by my 25th birthday which is in Oct. My goal is to loose 10 pounds per month. Friend me and we can encourage each other!
  • krisanc19
    krisanc19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also wanting to lose 100lbs this year. I lost 30 last year so I'm trying to be extremely dedicated. It sure isn't easy.
  • beckydecker91
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in 4 months, so it is definitely possible. Just keep yourself motivated, eat healthy, exercise, and I'm sure you'll succeed :)
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes it is , I did it myself :bigsmile: Welcome and good luck :flowerforyou: