Quick! What should i get to eat?

Options
I am way under calorie goals and I'm starving (i forgot my sandwich on the counter today). Tonight hubby and I are going out for dinner so i will prob use most of my cals then, but i NEEED to get something to eat for the way home. What is the "best" thing for me to stop quickly and get? I was thinking about just stopping at a gas station.

Replies

• Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    Options
    I am way under calorie goals and I'm starving (i forgot my sandwich on the counter today). Tonight hubby and I are going out for dinner so i will prob use most of my cals then, but i NEEED to get something to eat for the way home. What is the "best" thing for me to stop quickly and get? I was thinking about just stopping at a gas station.

Snack pack of peanuts. Or Ostrim or beef jerky.
  • ahbach2005
    Options
    some type of nutwould be cheap and easy

walnuts but that would be rare at a gas staition
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Stop in the supermarket and buy: one box of RY KRISP or WASA BREAD (found in the crackers section). They are high fiber, zero to low fat and will satisfy your hunger feeling. Ry Krisp, Original: 2 crackers = 50 calories. Eat them very slowly, savoring the rye flavor. Make certain you drink at least 8 ozs. water following.
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    If your going to dinner soon, try water...it might help curb your appetite??? It's hard to get something healthy at a gas station. Good Luck!
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Nuts are DEFINITELY a great 'grab and go' snack. Although I favor almonds over peanuts. Apples/Fruit in general. Protein bars. Protein drinks. (Quick tip: I used to ALWAYS eat junk in the car, so now I keep a small stash of healthful snacks in my car for 'emergencies'. My fav: 25 almonds w/ 1 tsp dark chocolate morsels.)
    Good luck! You can manage it!!!
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    drink a bottle of water and eat some jerky
  • ErinCanRun
    ErinCanRun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Gonna go with the Jerky, heading home now! Hope everyone has a great night!