I ask a lot of questions, but I need to know if I am eating

Options
2»

Replies

• bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Agreed, Bloodbank. Typical western diet isn't likely to be deficient enough in any one thing to worry about.

Side note: Just looked at your profile and YAY! Glad to find another homebirth advocate. Did mine at home 7 yrs ago (today!) and wouldn't have had it any other way. Truly magical process.

PS. If you can't tell, I like to debate - don't take it personally! lol

Haha, not taken personally. :)
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Also, nobody asked if I even eat healthy or take vitamins....and I do. I look up almost everything I do before I do it. Thank you everyone.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't ask cause I've been watching your diary, so I already kinda know. Geez...now I feel like a stalker! LOL
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Haha, I am glad someone looks at it. I eat a lot more vegetables then I used to, and I still take prenatal vitamins.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I breastfeed and my breast milk hasn't been affected, I burn 500 calories just from that. I

How do you know it isn't affected? The quantity may still be up there, but the quality clearly would be decreased. You should avoid any low calorie diet when breastfeeding.

I have a hard time eating back my exercise calories - but I've not lost any weight in the last month, so my P90X coach suggested a minimum calorie count of 500 more than I was doing - I increased this week and lost 2 lbs with the increase in calories. What the difference to me is where the calories came from not the calories count.

Especially with breastfeeding, please make sure you are getting the good fats - the baby needs these for brain development. When I breastfed I didn't give my kids any table foods or people foods for the first year, I ate healthy and breastfed, my kids thrived, it's not something that works for everyone and I did a lot of research first, the main thing that was so important was that I was eating properly to make sure my breastmilk didn't suffer the quality for them.