Some new goals..

cazzaca
cazzaca Posts: 3 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

I downloaded the MFP app a while back and got off to a good start with it, and then it stopped happening.
My partner and I are now having a bit of a competition to lose 10kg (about 20lb) in 10 weeks starting Monday.
Neither of us are heavily overweight, but enough to be uncomfortable and not feel as good in our own skin.
That is one of my goals .. to feel good in my own skin again. I can't remember the last time I wore a swimsuit, and it's summer here now!!
I am starting off at about 175lb (actually need some scales to prove that, though I despise them), so the goal for now is about 145lb, though ultimate goal is about 132lb.

Making one small change at a time is my plan, along with some regular exercise, and we will be on our way!
Good luck to everyone else starting (or re-starting) the journey :)

<3 Cara from NZ

Replies

• Aww it's nice that you are doing it together! Good luck :)
  • cazzaca
    Thanks, and to you! :smile:
  • bsh81
    bsh81 Posts: 9
    good luck to you! i THRIVE on accountability! and on miniature goals...

my guy and i have set up a sort of reward program for ourselves...every week, we have personal goals (mine are always exercise related, and his are usually more overall health related - drinking MORE water, drinking LESS alcohol, etc), and if we both reach our goals, then we have a little celebration for ourselves. for me it works great, because if i don't reach my goal, not only am i letting myself down, but i'm letting him down too... he doesn't get the reward either! i can deal with the former, but not the latter.

enjoy your competition with each other though...do ya'll have a reward set up? :)
  • cazzaca
    We have talked briefly about it but hadn't come up with anything yet, though I think I may just have! We are actually living in different towns at the moment while I am still studying, so maybe the reward that would benefit both of us at the end of the week is to have a video chat .. will run it past him and see what he thinks.
    Definately a good idea to have a reward though, and if it affects you both as you say you don't mind letting yourself down so much, but you don't want to let them down!

Thanks for your comment, any ideas are welcome also ;)
  • alanod
    alanod Posts: 5 Member
    Good for you guys, it is always easier when your partner is involved. It's all about one day at a time, and being a bit obsessive about recording every little thing.

I believe you should also reward yourselves with something each time you pass a smaller milestone, and a big reward planned at the end.

My weakness is for weekend beers with the boys, and the odd sly drive thru trip. but I have zero'd that out completely as not an option until my birthday on 23/feb....... Then look out!!!

Good luck with your journey
This discussion has been closed.