How many calories for a meal?

Options
About how many calories should each meal be? I've looked at some of my totals and some of my dinners seem really high yet I'm still within my calorie goal. So just wondering what is the typical calorie goal for each meal?

Replies

• Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I aim for 450-550 calories per meal, with 200 calorie snakes in between. And so far I've been fairly successful staying within that range when I follow strict serving sizes.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many calories one is allowed in a day. If you're down at 1200, then it's going to be about 200 cals a meal.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I think it's up to each person how you structure your meal plan for the day, but I like to keep mine at around 300 cals per meal. Now, if I go over, it's not the end of the world, but I draw a hard line at 450. I try to keep snacks under 200. The rest is breathing room for things like agave syrup in my tea, etc.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    It depends what your total calories are set at, i'm a grazer and on 1200 so my meals tend to be 200-300 with lots of little snacks. (example, several of these thru the day....Crispbread at 16 calories with 11g of low fat soft cheese at 15 calories and a couple of slices of cucumber)...i graze because eating full meals makes me even sleepier than normal, i'm almost narcoleptic after a meal!