help I need to lose weight big time!!!

Options
Hiya everyone, since we're all battling to lose weight,I figured it would be good to just vent. Losing weight is sooooooo hard. Ive been battling my weight for years with no avail. At my heaviest Ive been 16 and Half Stones and at my lightest that I remember is 13 and a half as you can see Ive never really been a skinny minnie..lol...I dont know how the hell I got that big. Although I think my ex boyfriend has alot to do with it. I was so comfortable with him I just never thought about my weight too much. Its weird but I think my weight may have contributed to my lack of confidence and made me put up with alot of crap so now a year and a half after the breakdown of my 4 year relationship. I weigh 15.4 lbs.

My idea weight would be between 10.7-11 stones, the problem is that I feel its soooooo hard to achieve,but I think this time round Im feeling more confident as this little app on my iphone is actually quite motivating. The 'in 5 weeks time you could weigh' ta da hopefully one day it will say 147lbs...I would be estatic.

I really want to lose weight as I feel its about time that my health improved,there's so much I've wanted to do like acting classes and singing but never really had the confidence , because Ive always felt my weight would be such an issue, and Im finding running and walking up stairs abit of a problem,my weight has also stopped me swimming which I love but because of my jellyfied thighs and now blasted stretch marks and cellulite,swimming is a no-no...LOL!!

So I hope since most of you are struggling like me you'll give me some motivational speeches and a whole lot of positivty..LOL during my journey to the inner me thats been dying to get out.

P.S Since monday Ive cut chocolate out and i'm stuggling big time should I give in and just eat it, it sooo makes me feel better after a hard days work,but then it may be the main cause for my weight gain...so maybe not..lol

So if anyone else has 60lbs(or if you've lost it..How the hell did u manage it..lol) send me a message pleeeeeeaaaasssseeee...I need help!!!:happy: :happy:

Replies

• redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I've been on for about 150 days or so. I've taken off 34 pounds, but with the holidays and such, I haven't made an real progress in a few weeks. I'm ok with that, as I still logged and held myself accountable.

You'll find there's lots of great people on here who are more then willing to share their opinions with you and have words of encouragement.

the best advice i can offer is to be patient with the process, and enjoy the positive changes as they come. I've also found it helpful to not focus on the big big picture, and just look forward to the next five pounds, then next and so on.

I'm following a program my doctor set out, so far its been easy to follow and I'm never left feeling hungry. If you want details please feel free to email me.

Welcome!
  • billiebimbo
    billiebimbo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Halooooo - you havent got so much to lose - its very doable I reckon - I think in terms of tomorrow and the day after - yes I have a long term goal mine is not quite 60 but is 50 - I am aiming to be just under 10 stone - which is about 50 pound from last tuesday!!! I can't wait to weigh myself keep wanting to hop on the scales early!! Are you taking Alli or Orlistat? I reckion you should only have one square of chocolate that you have saved up for the end of the evening and keep calories spare for it and if you have Alli or Orlistat you will only absorb between 25 and 30 % of the fat although they are not to everyones taste - I am giving them a try although I am going down the very low fat route with exercise for the next twelve weeks I am throwing everything at this diet!!
    In realithy of course its not a diet its a progression to a permanent lifestyle change - less booze more exercise less junk food that sort of thing
    I think you have taken a really improtant step coming on this site its so motivating and seeing and hearing everyone else and reding what they have written and stuff is excellent its inspiational and motivating - when you see others losing on their weigh in day its an incentive!! I think you will do brilliantly and this will be the major turning point in your dieting 'career' (haven['t we all had one?) good luck with your plan I wish you every success - you can add me as a friend if you wish - no worries if not take care and bonne chance :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • fattygirl31
    fattygirl31 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks RDM!!! I'd really appreciate it. I'll definately email you.

I'm trying to not focus on the big,massive,ginormormous picture and thinking small targets!!!

I'm going for 7lbs in 5 weeks and seeing how I go..I wanted 2 pound aweek but they reduced my calorie intake to 1320 and I started and found it so hard so now i've upped it to 1500 calories and seeing how I go.

Thanks so much for responding,goodness knows I need all the help I can get!! :smile:
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    ok you can have 1 hershey miniature dark chocolate piece. i have attempted for the past few years to drop weight and always bounced back and forth between 189 and 180. this time i am on a major mission. i feel like this time is different for me, i have many friends on here that help encourage me and i have been encouraging. take small steps fill out your info on here and look at what changes you need to make. i have even posted a topic and asked to have my menu criticized by my fellow MFPers.
  • fattygirl31
    fattygirl31 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks BB..the weight seems sooooo much but I guess I should just take it one day at a time like you said!!!

Words of encouragement from you guys have made me feel quit positive about losing this weight...

I think this time I'm gonaa do it.

I'l def add you as a friend, Ive been wanting to try ALLI for awhile might just do that..let me know how you've been getting on with it please. Orlistat is that via your G.p or can you get that over the counter too, wasnt sure about that is it stonger or basically does the same as ALLI??

Im gonna give it a try thanks again and this time I'm gonna do it!!:drinker:
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You know, about swimming... I am a crappy swimmer and never liked it much, but my (relatively posh) gym that's full of central London yuppies has a pool. And the swimmers that I see in the locker rooms and showers are a refreshing sight! Many have a body that is quite far from beauty models -- cellulite, mottled arms, signs of aging, little fat deposits we all have. They don't seem to care very much about their so-called imperfections, and all of them, even those that are 50% older than me, could swim me into the ground! So if you like swimming, consider just going for it.
  • billiebimbo
    billiebimbo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you can buy Alli from docs or chemist - I recommend docs cos they give highest ratio tabs and isonly price of a script - my doc marvellous has given tem to me for three months before review required but he knows Iam careful with things and would see him theminute there was a problem-: Orlistat is in Alli - Alli just a brand name for it
    problems I have had in the past are - if you eat too mut fatty food this will reflect in your (sorry to be crude) stools - it really does stop the body from absorbing about 25 30% of any fat you intake but it kinda comes out of body in the form of oil tho HOWEVER - if you eat low fat diet it does not happen at all!! so if you take it the onus is on you to eat a very low fat diet and suffer the consequences if not ha ha (i learnt the hard way!!) you hear all the scare stories about having to wear nappies and stuff but its just not true god knows what these people must have been eating to wear a nappy!!! you do have increased wind for the first week and you don't necessarily feel constipated but you go to the loo more often but it is a brief visit if you know what I mean!!!
    Otherwise I find it a terrific drug that really boosts the diet and down the line when you don't feel like being so strict every day you can have the odd half a choccie bar, or bit of cheese on your food whatever you vice is - knowing its not the end of the world because of the Alli - (half a choccie bar does not result in a nappie moment!!!) which will help prevent the body absorbing at least 25 % but can be as much as 30% - I used it last year but only for a month cos I fell off the diet wagon and it helped me lose 14 pound in one month - I believe it helped me lose an extra pound and a half a week!!! good luck if you try it let me know how you get on with it - have a lovely day xxx
  • emjprincess
    Options
    Hiya honey, don't know your name but didn't wanna call you 'fattygirl' lol.

I'm a newbie too and i'm absolutely LOVING it here. I know you're gonna look at my picture and think '*****...what the hell is she doing here?!' But my picture is me a couple of years ago and that is where I want to be again. (I have 13lbs+ to lose)

I know how hard it can be to get your head in the right place!! And believe me...once your head is in the right place, you will acheive whatever it is you want to! My motto in life is...''whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right'' Basically, that means you have to absolutely BELIEVE in yourself...and you WILL acheive your goals! Have a think about it :) If you need help in believing that you can...look all around you for success stories (there's plenty on here!) Every day, people are losing weight/acheiving their goals, gaining confidence and living the life they want to lead. Question: What separates you from them? Answer: Well, only you can answer that. You might come up with a list of excuses...all of which with the right mental attitude you can kick into touch but you will find it all boils down to one real answer...WILL.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you want your goal?
    On the same scale, how much effort are you willing to put in the acheive that goal?
    and how much do you believe right now that you will reach your goal?

If the answer to those questions aren't all 10, explore the reasons why/blocks.

I'm waffling on now, sorry! Good luck! I believe you can do it!

em xx