May 26 MFP Runner's Club

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Good morning,

Well, I had my alarm set for 5am this morning to run but was unable to get up.:ohwell:
I was up from 2-4am for a number a different reason (all related to my girls) and I was too beat to get out of bed. Now I'm kicking myself in the butt cuz I would have felt so much better if I would have just had gone.

Anyhow, today I'm back to serious business on my diet, I let go this whole weekend and I haven't done that since started MFP. I've had a cheat day once a week but not a whole weekend. :blushing:

How ya'll doing this morning?

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Good morning,

Well, I had my alarm set for 5am this morning to run but was unable to get up.:ohwell:
    I was up from 2-4am for a number a different reason (all related to my girls) and I was too beat to get out of bed. Now I'm kicking myself in the butt cuz I would have felt so much better if I would have just had gone.

Anyhow, today I'm back to serious business on my diet, I let go this whole weekend and I haven't done that since started MFP. I've had a cheat day once a week but not a whole weekend. :blushing:

How ya'll doing this morning?
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Mireille,
    I'm in the same boat. We celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary on Saturday then took our girls to a theme park yesterday, so calorie counting for me has been nil this weekend. I hope to get on the treadmill this afternoon (we'll see as I'm still recovering from our theme park walking yesterday.) As many Americans are, we're having a cookout this afternoon, so I need a few extra calories tonight. I'll check back in later and let you know how it went.
    Happy Monday everybody. I hope the sun is shining wherever you are. It looks like a beautiful day here.
    :flowerforyou: Pam
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning Psychos!!! :smooched:

My friend is picking me up at 7:00 & here I am dressed & ready to go at 5:40. :ohwell: I'm soooo excited!! th_yipee.gif

Sorry you didn't get your run in this morning Mireille, maybe you'll get a chance later today. :flowerforyou:

And sounds like you're having a fun weekend, Pam. Hopefully, walking around the park yesterday helped un-do some Melting Pot (:love::love: ) damage! :wink:

Maybe I'll try that thing mk talks about...strarching??? stitching???? stretching???? y_thinking.gif
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Mireille,
    I'm in the same boat. We celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary on Saturday then took our girls to a theme park yesterday, so calorie counting for me has been nil this weekend. I hope to get on the treadmill this afternoon (we'll see as I'm still recovering from our theme park walking yesterday.) As many Americans are, we're having a cookout this afternoon, so I need a few extra calories tonight. I'll check back in later and let you know how it went.
    Happy Monday everybody. I hope the sun is shining wherever you are. It looks like a beautiful day here.
    :flowerforyou: Pam

happy anniversary Pam!!!:flowerforyou: :heart:

its a gorgeous day here in Mass too...enjoy and didn't you hear.....calories burn double time at amusement parks.....soooo ah you're all set LOL

hugs!
    Ali
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well I was on vaca all last week and ran at least 3 miles a day pushing my boy in the jogger and I felt great....I need to get my butt out soon...busy day here but I don't want to stop this crazy running thing we got goin on LOL....

good luck to you all!

Mireille...I'm w/ ya on that one...how about a whole week...eeek! lol...I did awesome running and swimming but horrible w/ the foods....you don't want to know!

Shannon...hope the run is awesome...psycho LOL...you crack me up!

hugs you all!!!
    Ali
  • pam0206
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Just checking back in.....welp. I earned my cookout this afternoon. Just finished 6m on the treadmill. Here I come hot dogs!!!

Shannon....how was it?
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Hey all!

Finished my 10k race!!! :drinker: Official time 58:20, so I broke a hour!!! YEAH!!!! Now I'm figuring how much merlot I earned for the afternoon. :bigsmile: I'm thinking plenty!! flirt.gif

Hope ya'll are having a great day!! :smooched:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. It's rainy here in Oregon today. I don't mind at all because we already had our family fun this weekend. Today is a day for house cleaning and grocery shopping. I'm also going to take my dog for a long walk (about 6 miles) this afternoon even in the rain. This morning I went to the gym and went 3 miles on the elliptical and lifted weights. Have a fun day everybody! I always say Memorial Day is my favorite holiday (it isn't really--Christmas is) but I say that:flowerforyou: because I'm a teacher and it's really close to the end of the school year and summer vacation!
  • pam0206
    Options
    Ali!
    I never heard about the theme park cals, but I definitely think we should get Mike on that to investigate it for us! (If it's not true, it sure feels true!!!)

Glad you're back.
  • Mireille
    Options
    Hey all!

Finished my 10k race!!! :drinker: Official time 58:20, so I broke a hour!!! YEAH!!!! Now I'm figuring how much merlot I earned for the afternoon. :bigsmile: I'm thinking plenty!! flirt.gif

You frigging rock!! 58minutes is amazing!! Man, someday I wanna be just like you!
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    Congrats on the 10k..nice record break!

Today is my day off...however I will be walking the magnificent mile in an attempt to go shopping this afternoon.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Hey all!

You frigging rock!! 58minutes is amazing!! Man, someday I wanna be just like you!

Your liver just felt fear. :laugh: Thanks!! :heart:
  • pam0206
    Options
    Hey all!

Geesh, girl. You were haulin! Congrats!! Hope you're living it up!
  • pam0206
    Options
    Hi everybody. It's rainy here in Oregon today. I don't mind at all because we already had our family fun this weekend. Today is a day for house cleaning and grocery shopping. I'm also going to take my dog for a long walk (about 6 miles) this afternoon even in the rain. This morning I went to the gym and went 3 miles on the elliptical and lifted weights. Have a fun day everybody! I always say Memorial Day is my favorite holiday (it isn't really--Christmas is) but I say that:flowerforyou: because I'm a teacher and it's really close to the end of the school year and summer vacation!

Wow! It really sounds like you're logging those miles! I, too, am well familiar with the "Memorial Day Countdown." I hope the end of the school year goes smoothly for you. :flowerforyou:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Shannon, Congratulations!

After breaking my 3 1/2mile plateau yesterday I thought I could do 4 miles again today. While I completed my course (what choice did I have, I was 2 miles away from home, :laugh: )I felt terrible mid way through and walked for 10 min. Still, I earned my barbecue calories. :wink:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Shannon, Congratulations!

After breaking my 3 1/2mile plateau yesterday I thought I could do 4 miles again today. While I completed my course (what choice did I have, I was 2 miles away from home, :laugh: )I felt terrible mid way through and walked for 10 min. Still, I earned my barbecue calories. :wink:

Running's tough. Anyone that gets out there & gives it a go is a freaking superstar in my book!! WTG!! :wink:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm everyday for 4:35 and some days I get my butt up and others I do not. I try and make sure I have my running clothes on my nightstand ready to go. Don't kick yourself in the butt be happy you set that alarm and even want to try and do it. Remember there is always another day. :wink:

Alisha
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I set my alarm everyday for 4:35 and some days I get my butt up and others I do not. I try and make sure I have my running clothes on my nightstand ready to go. Don't kick yourself in the butt be happy you set that alarm and even want to try and do it. Remember there is always another day. :wink:

Alisha

4:35?????? Hells-bells..I'd be in bed by noon!! :laugh: WTG!!! :drinker:
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    Great job with the 10K! I'm inspired!

I imagine you were visualizing a bottle of wine waiting for you at the finish line. :tongue: Lady after my own heart...