Alcohol and Dieting

Options
Just wondering what everyone does when they are dieting and want a drink. I usually have a few beers every weekend with my husband but this week I wasn't sure what I was gonna do as I am trying to lose weight. So my husband came home with some Bud Selects! Only 55 Calories each!

Replies

• Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    alcohol and dieting are mutually exclusive events sadly :frown:
  • sheshesheila
    Options
    Much better than my bottle of wine a night habit!
  • dawnslite
    Options
    In my experience I had to quit drinking to lose weight. Drinking even a couple times a week stopped all weight loss. I tried all ways around it all in the name of really wanting to drink. It just didn't work. I went as far as when I would drink eat only 500 calories...... I tried it all :) now after no weight loss for 2 mos and my new years resolution I am back to not drinking and again losing.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I try not to drink too much as it is nothing but empty cals but I do enjoy having beer every once inawhile and Bud Select is a good one when dieting!! :drinker: So just enjoy but in moderation:wink:
  • cassandra77
    Options
    Much better than my bottle of wine a night habit!
    [/q

LOL
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bud 55 is good, so is MGD 64....... :drinker:
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I typically have a glass of wine each night, and have never had a problem with it. In fact, when I've tried laying off the wine, I wind up gaining. I think I snack more!

You just have to fiddle and see what works best for you.
  • Weimamama
    Options
    I am going to save my drinking for special events. Superbowl - watch out. The way I deal with drinking is I drink a ton. And I mean a TON of water. That keeps the beer from slowing me down. I drink Mich Ultra. Mmmmm...
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    If I know there will be good wine with a good meal, I save up the calories. If it's a social occasion, I stay away from wine and beer (too easy to have too many) and go with a shot of Bombay Sapphire on the rocks with club soda and ime. I can make that last for a good hour. 79 calories.