Looking for anyone with similar stats and goals

Options
So im 255 lbs and looking to be under 200, trying for 180. I am looking for someone with similar stats and that likes to set goals. Want someone that I can encourage/celebrate with.....anyone interested?

Replies

• LeslieAnn72
    LeslieAnn72 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 80! I have to break it into five pound segments or I will just be totally overwhelmed. Good luck to you and if you would like to add me, please do! I can use all the encouragement and support I can get!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I started out at 267, and in 4 months have lost 20lbs(not a whole lot of trying on my part). My goal is to be at the highest, 150. I would like to be lower...but I'll settle for 150 at the moment. Don't want to overwhelm my brain! I will tell you the best things that helped me...cutting out pop(and if I do have one it's Diet), PORTIONS, this has been so crucial for me, and actually tracking my calories. Seeing how much I was consuming was a real eye opener. Feel free to friend me!
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm in!

My highest weight was 256. Currently, I'm 237 (5'6") and trying to get to 185 by June this year
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    So im 255 lbs and looking to be under 200, trying for 180. I am looking for someone with similar stats and that likes to set goals. Want someone that I can encourage/celebrate with.....anyone interested?

Im TOTALLY there with ya! I'm 246 and want to be under 200... Final weight aroung 150 but would be SOOOOOOOOOO excited at 180!!!

Sending friend request!
  • PrettyinPinkKitten
    Options
    Hi I'm 21 years old and I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Hi Im Stephanie. I have two groups I am running, one is called "No more excuses Janurary, lose 10+ lbs" and the second one is "Can you lose 50 lbs by July 1st? challenge!!!" We weigh in on Saturdays. I post a chart of Mondays. The only rule we have is you must weigh in every week and you must be positive, I believe if your negative, it is harder to lose the weight. You can weigh in Friday or Saturday. But weighin in is a must. Today in both groups we had a mini challenge to burn 500 calories today. We push each other to succeed. If your interested your welcome to join.
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    Hey there! I started out at 267, and in 4 months have lost 20lbs(not a whole lot of trying on my part). My goal is to be at the highest, 150. I would like to be lower...but I'll settle for 150 at the moment. Don't want to overwhelm my brain! I will tell you the best things that helped me...cutting out pop(and if I do have one it's Diet), PORTIONS, this has been so crucial for me, and actually tracking my calories. Seeing how much I was consuming was a real eye opener. Feel free to friend me!

I totally know where you're coming from. I had NO idea exactly HOW much food I was actually consuming! I'm focusing on portion control (I even measure my food now; hoping to become good at just eyeing it once it's more of a habit). It's a wonderful feeling, though, to actually know when you're body's telling you you've had enough! I don't think I even gave my body a chance before!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I started my journey at 222 and am currently 198 with a goal of 180. :)
    If interested friend me.
    It's hard work and I kind of did it half way till the last couple of months. Then it started falling off. I'm hoping that keeps up. :) Once I started tracking my calories is when it really started kicking in.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

I agree with you about the soda, portioning and counting calories. Just by doing that I've lost 5lbs in a week! I only drink water now and lots of it!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well!! I'm wanting to lose 50lbs and be 180lbs. Once I've reached that goal, I want to lose an extra 30lbs.
  • lady_hellis
    lady_hellis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in! I started at 275 and am heading to 200, am currantly 267.... friend request on its way :flowerforyou:
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend if you like...
    I started at 220 on Jan 4, 2010 and was down to 151 right before Christmas. I am currently at 154. (Darn holidays lol)
    You can do this! I was totally out of control with my eating and have finally learned to control it instead of it controlling me!
    Good luck!
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in too. I started on MFP on Nov. 8, 2010 at my highest weight ever, 297. I am 5'5" and currently 257 (on my way to 150). I am also in laDOLCEvita7's "50lbs by July 1st" challenge.