What should I do??

Options
after eating all my meals and finishing my workout, I have 400 calories left. Should I not eat anything else for the night or should I eat something else?

Replies

• melendy
    melendy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I kind of have the same question. Most people tell me that it's ok to have a surplus of calories at the end of the day but this app tell you that you've eaten too few calories. I go ahead and just stay under just to play it safe. I'm interested in the responses you get. :)
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I usually dont mind if i am under a few calories even 100cals im ok with. I think to be under 400cals might be too much.
  • iamkelskels
    Options
    That happens to me a lot. When I still have some left, I just focus on if I'm really hungry. If I'm not hungry, then I don't eat anything. But if I get hungry, and it's still two hours before I go to bed, then I'll have a snack, but nothing too crazy. I don't really think it's too awful, as long as it's not happening every single day, you know? But I, too, will be interested in seeing other opinions.
  • sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry I will eat but if I'm not I don't worry about it.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    What was your original calorie goal for the day? and how many calories did you burn during exercise?
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    if you are full, go with it, you don't want to stuff yourself if you are not hungry, it might make you feel yuck. It is OK to be under one day. Just so long as you do not make a habit of being that much under, it is not healthy.
    It is just one day; think of it as making up for the days you may have gone over. :-)
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    When I'm way under on my calories, I try to eat something, or drink some veggie juice, or have a smoothie.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I THINK you need to hit your original calorie goal, pre exercise, at least. Otherwise its just not enough, and so long as it isn't a regular deal, no biggie.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    As long as you have eaten 80% of your calories including your exercise I wouldnt worry about it.
  • Cmsl90
    Cmsl90 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have always heard that you should not eat within 2 hours of going to bed, the food would not have time to properly digest...My workouts are not completed until 7:30 or 8:00pm. I still eat the same amount of calories work out or not. On the days I work out, I do not eat after my workout. Each day is about the same weight loss so far but I have only been on this for 4 days.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'd say eat something if you are hungry. If you aren't hungry, there is no reason you have to eat. We seem to live to eat instead of eating to live. Your body will tell you if it's hungry or not. If you go way low every day it could hinder your weight loss but a low calorie day periodically will probably help keep your body guessing so you don't get to used to the same amount of calories. If it bothers you to have too many calories left but you aren't hungry, eat some peanut butter. It's good in small amounts and should take care of those last few pesky calories in no time.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I thought i was the only one. thanks guys
  • safetyscott
    safetyscott Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I stick to a 1600 cal / day diet...but I walk for 545 calories and i weight train as well....most days i have a 545 cal surplus(not counting whatever the weight training gives )...i dont feel hungry after supper. I get up at 330am to start my day, so by 8pm im in bed. This leaves little time to snack after supper lol. Does that mean im living off a 1050 cal / day diet? .... I guess....is that enough for a 260lb man who works all day? ... dunno...... but im eating every three hours and never hungry...except in the morning..

I also hope this is not doing any damage......I plan to stick to 1600 with exercise for the rest of my life...unless i start mountain climbing or something lol