Another one bites the dust

Help needed........I have been doing so well since I started, got within 7lbs of my target and then hit the plateau; I stuck with it though and apart from the odd "wobble" didn't put any back on..... that is until last week when my resolve disappeared. I had a bad week, a worse weekend, got on the scales today and found I had put on 5 pounds! I couldn't believe it. I have kept up the exercising but ate the wrong things.:cry::cry:
How does everyone else cope with the plateau and how do you get the weight moving again?

Replies

• nannascot
    nannascot Posts: 48 Member
    Help needed........I have been doing so well since I started, got within 7lbs of my target and then hit the plateau; I stuck with it though and apart from the odd "wobble" didn't put any back on..... that is until last week when my resolve disappeared. I had a bad week, a worse weekend, got on the scales today and found I had put on 5 pounds! I couldn't believe it. I have kept up the exercising but ate the wrong things.:cry::cry:
    How does everyone else cope with the plateau and how do you get the weight moving again?
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    If you ate bad, some of that weight might be water weight from salt. Alot of processed foods and "un"natural foods don't have the natural diuretics our body needs, so don't get too down on yourself. Maybe with eating bad for a week, now when you start eating healthy TODAY, your body will be shocked back into wanting to not only lose those uninvited 5 lb, but might want to help a few of the other 7 lb pack their bags as well. I know that the scale can be discouraging (boy do I know), but today is a new, bright, shiny day. You've overcome so much already, so I know there's no way you're going to let those extra pounds get at you. Keep up the great work!!!
  • nannascot
    nannascot Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks for that, hope you are right. As you say today is another day AND the start of another week so I am trying extra hard again. An hour in the gym and then the swimming pool, and I will be extra careful to add up the calorie intake. :smile: