ONLINE: Exercise on Demand

Options
I've searched previous topics and there are lots of posts on cable on demand exercise, but I couldn't find any about online exercise on demand. Has anyone tried this site.....do you like it? I'm seriously thinking about at least giving it a try for the first month it's only $3 for unlimited use.....they seem to have an excellent selection to choose from.....which is good for me, because I 1)get bored easily and 2)just starting out so I can pick and choose what works for me best.

We don't have TV in our house.....so no cable......that's why I'm asking specifically about online.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Deb

Replies

• debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    No one, really?
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    exercisetv.tv
    They have free full-length workouts that you can follow along to. I'd say that most of them are at the beginner/intermediate level, but they're still effective in a pinch.

bodyrock.tv
    this is my go-to site for bodyweight workouts. The woman who makes them also offers modifications for beginners. I'll probably post this website a million times in this forum, it's truly changed my fitness level.
    Also, you can find free interval timers online via google.

youtube.com
    There are plenty of workout vids on youtube (split into several parts, of course). I like following Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio workouts (celebrity fit, bootcamp, ab bootcamp, they're all good and all completely on youtube!)
    Also, if you like retro, Jane Fonda also has some full workouts on youtube, too.

Hulu.com and youtube both have workouts by various companies that are more "official" but I honestly can't stand them. They might be your cuppa tea, though, so you could check them out. Just search through shows on youtube and the health/wellness channel on hulu.

I've done my research :) Three years of refusing to workout in the living room for my family to scoff pays off.

Edit: I don't know anything about Exercise on Demand... everything I mentioned above is free, though.
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    cool thanks so much, I'll check out those you suggested!